Think Target Will Have A Hiring Event This Year?

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
I quit Target months ago, but I still regularly shop there. I haven't seen the hiring event happen yet, which usually happens around this time of the year, right? No HR was sitting in the front begging for new hires or anything. I am guessing it's to prevent any cases of COVID, which actually surprises me that Target is looking out for their employees. You don't see that too much. I have some friends who were looking for a 2nd job for extra cash, and I told them that if they don't mind working under micro management, that Target is pretty much a guaranteed job during their 4th quarter. Maybe that isn't the case this year?

I quit Target months ago, but I still regularly shop there. I haven't seen the hiring event happen yet, which usually happens around this time of the year, right? No HR was sitting in the front begging for new hires or anything. I am guessing it's to prevent any cases of COVID, which actually surprises me that Target is looking out for their employees. You don't see that too much. I have some friends who were looking for a 2nd job for extra cash, and I told them that if they don't mind working under micro management, that Target is pretty much a guaranteed job during their 4th quarter. Maybe that isn't the case this year?

With COVID, they are pushing back the hiring event. My store was already confident on applicant flow that they weren't worried we have no help early on. Most stores should have an idea what they need to hire and likely doing it now versus later. My store was looking for tms that can cross train.

We started hiring early this time . Everyday we have interviews and atleast 1-2 times a week orientations . Some people show up and then disappear ( don’t know if hours are less),. But definitely lot of interviews are happening . But the hr is telling everyone who he calls that it’s 3-4 months position and no guarantee that they will be made permanent.

The video interviews and texting candidates both start. Seasonal positions will be opening this week, that’s why we’re waiting to hire right now. Plus corporate isn’t giving us the training hours they said they would but honestly we’re not too shocked about that.

Target will host two weekends of hiring events in October. They will look a lot different than previous events. There will be no bag stuffers at the checklanes nor outside marketing for this. HR will be represented at a table to explain seasonal staffing and arrange interviews for potential talent. All interviews should be scheduled, walk-ins are being discouraged. There will be no take-away items on the hiring event table; no job descriptions, no flyers, no business cards, no bowl of candy that honestly only TMs ever eat.

The October events will be the 9-11 and 24-25 and I believe the hours are in the 9/10 until 5/6 range.

Back