Archived Thinking about transferring from Hardlines to TPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
Anyone know the pay rate? Main essential goals? Can I start off being an undercover, or do I have to wear that goofy uniform? Also how our promotions and hours?

TPS is the best gig in the house. Hours depend on what your store is allocated for. Uniform ain't so bad, <ladiesluvit.jpg>, just tell yourself that you're trying to bring some dignity to the role. I would guess that you would have to have a lot of prior loss-prevention experience to start off as an APS. Promotions happen quickly, but you get bottlenecked faster than you would store-side. Also is AP one of the first departments that get cut when the investors start looking to make cuts.

That uniform can be cute.. if your pants fit. If they pool too much at the bottom, you look like a kid playing dress-up.

LOL! You don't "transfer" into AP.. this isn't some type of shift you pick up every other week when you're not cashiering lol it's a promotion and judging by your post and feelings toward the "goofy" uniform, you aren't what an ETL-AP is looking for. LOL.. check the swap shift board, maybe there are some TPS shifts available... haha!

I would say go for it if a position is open. I however don't think the uniform is goofy. The uniform works wonders when trying to make your presence known. A lot of people think we look like police officers.

I love the position, but you better have good relationship with your ETL-AP and have shown that you can work hard, etc. etc. or he will not pass you in his interview. He has to be able to trust you to keep your mouth shut, show up for work, not be involved in any workplace drama (that's a big one compared to the rest of the store/high school that we work in) and be able to work independently.
Your usually by yourself with nobody really watching over you, you have to prove that you can keep busy and get results without being told to do something. Oh and keep the scores green to keep your ETL-AP off the radar of your APBP and you will have a very good life.

I love the position, but you better have good relationship with your ETL-AP and have shown that you can work hard, etc. etc. or he will not pass you in his interview. He has to be able to trust you to keep your mouth shut, show up for work, not be involved in any workplace drama (that's a big one compared to the rest of the store/high school that we work in) and be able to work independently.
Your usually by yourself with nobody really watching over you, you have to prove that you can keep busy and get results without being told to do something. Oh and keep the scores green to keep your ETL-AP off the radar of your APBP and you will have a very good life.

That's a good description of what we do. I work on my own all the time and have to rely on myself when my team isn't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back