Archived Third Interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last week I applied for a cashier opening and received a call three days later, over the phone they asked me a few questions and asked that I come in for an interview the next day. Cut to tomorrow and I'm interviewed by a TM and his boss. After the second interview he says to wait for another call to set up a third interview with HR to "see if I'm a good fit."

It's been two days and I've yet to receive a call for another interview or a rejection email. I was considering calling back or heading to the store during the hiring event on the 13th to inquire as to why I haven't been called. However I'm beginning to wonder if they had already decided on not hiring me since I've heard a lot of people get the job right after the second interview and I should give up on hearing back. What should I do? Am I just making a mountain out of a molehill?

After the second interview he says to wait for another call to set up a third interview with HR to "see if I'm a good fit."

My old store was like this if they were on the fence on someone the etl hr would do a non formal third interview and give a job offer. What position did you apply for? Regular or seasonal?

. I was considering calling back or heading to the store during the hiring event on the 13th to inquire as to why I haven't been called.

Come tomorrow and inquire about your interview. All HRs in the company have to work this event so you should get a straight answer.

They may want to see if there are better applicants but I always hated that. I feel you either want a person or you don't. Keep your options open and consider another store if the distance is reasonable.

I had three interviews, first with my TL, then with the ETL, then the informal with ETL-HR later that day.

My old store was like this if they were on the fence on someone the etl hr would do a non formal third interview and give a job offer. What position did you apply for? Regular or seasonal?
Seasonal. My schedule is currently free until January so I was open to working 20-40 hours a week along with coming in anytime of day. I guess I picked a poor time to apply what with the hiring event right around the corner.

had three interviews, first with my TL, then with the ETL, then the informal with ETL-HR later that day.
So it varies from store to store? However, you had all three in one day whereas I was told to wait for a third with HR.

Like HRZone said pop in if you can this weekend. Maybe they are gonna call you back in sometime this weekend when they are processing other seasonal TMs. I interviewed at Kohl's in the time between the 2nd/3rd interview. You'll get something if this doesn't pan out, just keep applying, everyone needs Santa's elves this time of year.

So it varies from store to store? However, you had all three in one day whereas I was told to wait for a third with HR.

The HR may have legitimately not been there. Only HR and an STL can make a job offer.

I had 3 interviews for my cashier position. One with a TL, one with the ETL GE, and then the third a couple days later with the ETL HR. However the third was basically not an interview at all it was just asking if i needed any upcoming days off, confirming that I was regular and not seasonal, and then just offering me the job

The HR may have legitimately not been there. Only HR and an STL can make a job offer.
Well I planned on going Friday to ask so fingers crossed that's the case. In the meantime I've been applying to other nearby stores so

I had 3 interviews for my cashier position. One with a TL, one with the ETL GE, and then the third a couple days later with the ETL HR. However the third was basically not an interview at all it was just asking if i needed any upcoming days off, confirming that I was regular and not seasonal, and then just offering me the job
That sounds similar to my situation, minus it being for a seasonal position rather than regular, so maybe I will get a call.

Well I planned on going Friday to ask so fingers crossed that's the case. In the meantime I've been applying to other nearby stores so

That sounds similar to my situation, minus it being for a seasonal position rather than regular, so maybe I will get a call.
I feel like if you got two you should be good, most of the time if they’re going to pass on someone they can tell by the first interview. Stay positive but definitely follow up if you don’t get a call soon!

It's been two days and I've yet to receive a call for another interview or a rejection email.

As long as you haven't received a rejection e-mail, then you are still in the running. That is, unless the e-mail address that you put on the application was incorrect. Not to scare you on purpose, but I have encountered applications in which the applicant put down an incorrect phone number or e-mail address. Like others have advised, follow up with HR this weekend.

On why it varies for everyone:

How many interviews you have in one day depends on who is available and how flexible they are in who does the interviews.

If you are lucky, all of your interviewers are available and you get interviewed + job offered on the same day.

I, personally, had three interviews with each one being on a different day AND spread out throughout the month. They were less flexible in who met with me since I was interviewing for human resources. I had to wait for the TL, ETL, and STL to each be available to see me so I was anxious for weeks. :eek:

Now, for other positions, they might be more flexible. Sometimes, your potential Leaders aren't available that day but are okay with other Leaders doing the interview on their behalf. Then, you will still get through the process in one day. HR always tries their best to have your potential Leaders do the interview though.

Last edited:
I've heard people
I feel like if you got two you should be good, most of the time if they’re going to pass on someone they can tell by the first interview. Stay positive but definitely follow up if you don’t get a call soon!
Yeah, I heard that you will probably get the job if you pass two interviews so maybe they will give me a call. Or I can head there myself and make sure.

As long as you haven't received a rejection e-mail, then you are still in the running. That is, unless the e-mail address that you put on the application was incorrect. Not to scare you on purpose, but I have encountered applications in which the applicant put down an incorrect phone number or e-mail address. Like others have advised, follow up with HR this weekend.
I don't recall inputting an incorrect email, however I haven't received any emails about a rejection in the email I entered either, so it could be what you said and be due to whatever personnel that was required for the interview not being available these past few days.

It took a month for my call back for my conditional offer. This is more than likely a group hiring before offers are given.

Don't feel like Target is your only choice. Keep applying and interviewing elsewhere.

So I went to the store and asked the people sitting at the desk about the call. According to them if I passed two interviews that was a good sign and that the third call would be to come in for orientation. If I didn't receive a call by next Friday I should then call back.

But I'm confused, why am I coming for orientation if I haven't had a drug test or background check done? Or does it vary like with interviews? In the meantime I should still apply to other stores, better safe than sorry right?

So I went to the store and asked the people sitting at the desk about the call. According to them if I passed two interviews that was a good sign and that the third call would be to come in for orientation. If I didn't receive a call by next Friday I should then call back.

But I'm confused, why am I coming for orientation if I haven't had a drug test or background check done? Or does it vary like with interviews? In the meantime I should still apply to other stores, better safe than sorry right?

Yeah their suggestion makes no sense. They have to make a formal job offer before you can come to orientation. Start applying at other stores asap.

Yeah their suggestion makes no sense. They have to make a formal job offer before you can come to orientation. Start applying at other stores asap.
I just called and now they're telling me my application is still being processed, which may have to do with the hiring event and large number of applicants, and to expect a call in a week or so. As well as to call for a status update next week if I don't get a response then.

In the meantime I plan on visiting some other stores and inquiring if they have any open positions.

Something doesn't sound right. If HR hasn't followed up with you, they're probably on the fence about you. I believe you will only get a 3rd interview if the applicants from this weekend don't pan out. Sorry.

They did say they had a large workload due to the hiring event and probably didn't get around to calling me, which I assume is code for, "We're not interested GTFO." So tomorrow I'm heading out and hoping that there are open positions at other stores. There's also another Target store a bit further away I can apply to, should I?

They did say they had a large workload due to the hiring event and probably didn't get around to calling me, which I assume is code for, "We're not interested GTFO." So tomorrow I'm heading out and hoping that there are open positions at other stores. There's also another Target store a bit further away I can apply to, should I?

Do it. At seasonal hiring events, we job offer almost everyone on the same day. If not, we schedule a time for them to come back. If they are being way too vague with you, chances are not good. Go to the other store(s). Fill out a manual application at the other store(s) and interview.

Do it. At seasonal hiring events, we job offer almost everyone on the same day. If not, we schedule a time for them to come back. If they are being way too vague with you, chances are not good. Go to the other store(s). Fill out a manual application at the other store(s) and interview.

Yes, I was offered a job on the spot, both this year and last year. And I interviewed with only 1 person.

Bingo, it's like a used car salesman if they really want you they won't let you walk out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back