Archived Three strikes, you’re out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the last year. I finally got in development after begging, which I had to do because someone who’s been with bullseye literally less time than I’ve been asking for development, got picked before me for said development.

I got signed off very quickly. And in the last 6-8 months I’ve been led on two different times that a job is coming my way. Then “plans changed.” For one of the jobs, I interview with district leadership and then I was told that it would be too much of a “culture shock” to move me away from my current role. Sounds like I do too much if you ask me so they don’t wanna replace me where I’m at.

I was told a third time recently to expect something in February. Well, that change has yet to come and I think the “plans” have changed again. And with these rumors that there’s going to be special, non-lead positions coming where you’re higher than a TM but not TL, I feel like i’m gonna get handed that BS.

Three lies. Enough is enough. Idk what to do. I feel so used and disgusted. And hurt.

Looks like your leadership sucks....I'd tell you to try to transfer to another store, but chances are that your leadership would screw it up. However, if you do want to transfer, go to the store that you'd like to go to and talk to them there and then see if that store will be willing to push you HR so the HR will let the transfer go through.

Another option: quit.

Or....get signed up with a temp agency and then you can give two weeks notice and be free of your store.

Out of curiosity,

what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

..at your target?
Why are you begging for leadership roles?
What do you think is giving spot reservations?

I got the whole " we have plans for you" run around when I got signed off but you have to decide for yourself if your willing to wait or just leave. I'm pretty invested in Target so I'd only leave if it doesn't pay off.

Out of curiosity,

what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

..at your target?
Why are you begging for leadership roles?
What do you think is giving spot reservations?
I’m in school so idk if they want to wait until I graduate for something but when you put a whole team on your back because of no hours and constant increasing workload, you want rewarded.

That in itself is the problem I think. I do so much in my department. It would go to shit if I wasmoved away. So I feel like they kept me there because they were being selfish and didn’t want to worry about fixing the hole I would be leaving.

I was kind of handed the TL position, I don’t know if I’d be able to put up with all this “development” bullshit. I think the term “development” is another word for “bend over while everyone rides your ass”, at Target.
Exactly. We have no problem hiring outsiders that have NO CLUE what they’re doing but internals need DeVeLoPeD. And then you get “signed off” which is basically “be a TL without being paid.”

I’m in school so idk if they want to wait until I graduate for something but when you put a whole team on your back because of no hours and constant increasing workload, you want rewarded.

That in itself is the problem I think. I do so much in my department. It would go to shit if I wasmoved away. So I feel like they kept me there because they were being selfish and didn’t want to worry about fixing the hole I would be leaving.

And we have a winner!!!!

Now that you know the truth, you need to decide what you're going to do.

So in the last year. I finally got in development after begging, which I had to do because someone who’s been with bullseye literally less time than I’ve been asking for development, got picked before me for said development.

I got signed off very quickly. And in the last 6-8 months I’ve been led on two different times that a job is coming my way. Then “plans changed.” For one of the jobs, I interview with district leadership and then I was told that it would be too much of a “culture shock” to move me away from my current role. Sounds like I do too much if you ask me so they don’t wanna replace me where I’m at.

I was told a third time recently to expect something in February. Well, that change has yet to come and I think the “plans” have changed again. And with these rumors that there’s going to be special, non-lead positions coming where you’re higher than a TM but not TL, I feel like i’m gonna get handed that BS.

Three lies. Enough is enough. Idk what to do. I feel so used and disgusted. And hurt.
Hopefully, ten days later, you've figured out what you're going to do and you've moved forward with a plan.
I want to say I'm sorry for the way you were treated, my roommate went the exact way. Super hard worker, always stayed late, went absolutely above and beyond. A beacon of FFF, in fact one of the only people I think I could ever say was. She wanted a position that opened up and she was completely qualified for. Spot said, 'Yes!'
And then plans changed. Someone else got hired into the spot and my roommate quit. Tbh, they have a much better job now-less work, more filling-and they are generally respected for their level of effort. Sometimes goodbye is the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back