Time and a half for black friday

A fellow TM is telling everybody that they read we are getting time and a half for working black friday. Any truth to this?

I doubt it. In the past they have given $1 premium but I think that was supposed to stop with the $15 minimum but since they are saving by not opening and having to pay that time and a half on Thursday, I think they might give $1-$2 premium for the day.

Yeah and they also put in pretty much bold right alongside those time and a half hours that no team members will be clocked in between midnight thanksgiving morning til 11:59pm thanksgiving night.

I keep thinking Black Friday will be scaled down significantly so there will be no specials deals that day.

They will just spread them out earlier started the first week of October IMHO.

I know we’re closed on Thanksgiving to guests, but is it known for sure that TMs won’t be in the store?

I guess they will ask willing TMs to come on thanksgiving. If so, I prefer to work on thanksgiving than on Black Friday. Last two times, they scheduled me for thanksgiving and gave me off on Black Friday . May be because I was not trained to do opu.

I know we’re closed on Thanksgiving to guests, but is it known for sure that TMs won’t be in the store?
I haven't seen anything on an official level, but in my store the SD has been saying that no one is allowed to be in the building at all on Thanksgiving and that it came from corporate. I'm really hoping this is just misinterpreted information because we will be screwed when it comes to SFS/OPU is they only have been in starting at 12:01 Friday morning.

Back