Time off approved but ignored??

A

audiokid

I put in a time off request about a month and a half ahead of when I need off. I will be out of town, and when I checked in MyTime, it said it was approved. They just posted the schedule for that week, and I'm scheduled my normal hours, my request was totally ignored, even though it was approved. What should I do?

It’s probably just a mistake, whoever makes your schedule probably overlooked it. Used to be you would need to talk to your TL/ETL, I guess these days you would talk to HR, but an HR person could tell you for sure. Good luck!

That's odd bc if it's approved you won't drop in for those days. My store is still talk to your ETL. Definitely a mistake but talk to someone in your store ASAP, do not wait until the day before.

That's odd bc if it's approved you won't drop in for those days. My store is still talk to your ETL. Definitely a mistake but talk to someone in your store ASAP, do not wait until the day before.
If n someone has a set schedule they’ll still drop in on approved vacation days. 🤷‍♀️

But having to delete their shift forces HR to make sure the (E)TL has it covered.

If it’s your “normal hours” you probably have a set schedule and they simply didn’t delete the shifts. An approved vacation request will keep the system from populating a day for you, but it will not prevent a set schedule from populating.

I put in a time off request about a month and a half ahead of when I need off. I will be out of town, and when I checked in MyTime, it said it was approved. They just posted the schedule for that week, and I'm scheduled my normal hours, my request was totally ignored, even though it was approved. What should I do?
When TMs come to me with this issue I usually delete the shift and email the ETL/TL’s of the department a screenshot of the approved time off request and then I post the shift in the swap book. If it was approved the shift should be deleted and listed as an open shift.

I had the same issue. My request was approved in MyTime Self Service, but I was scheduled on the last day of my vacation.

Sat down with ETL-HR as soon as I noticed. On her side, MyTime showed me as available, so there must have been some kind of glitch.

Back