Archived Time off due to death in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Targets policy for giving team members time off due to a relative passing away?

My grandfather is very sick and looks like he will be taken off of life support this week, how do I go about being taken off this weeks schedule?

What is Targets policy for giving team members time off due to a relative passing away?

My grandfather is very sick and looks like he will be taken off of life support this week, how do I go about being taken off this weeks schedule?
My mom passed away in January, my ETL gave me a week. STL phoned me 5 days in to check up on me and said take as much time as I needed and it won't count against me. Hardlinesmaster is right, talk to your higher ups asap. And god bless.

My wife's favorite aunt died Monday, we just found out the funeral is Thursday (a truck day) but I called, talked to the LOD, she said "no problem, I'll let your TL know". Nice to feel supported. So, call, talk to your LOD, TL.

It also depends on which relatives. Grandparents are fine but, say, cousins are not. When my dad died I was given a few days off which I asked for, and a couple of people said sorry for my loss, but that was about it.

Thank you to everyone who has replied. As of right now my grandpa is still with us, it's up and down everyday.

I didn't even have to ask my ETL, when he was making the schedule, he purposely gave me extra days off and told me if things go well and I can work, to just come to him and he'll put me on, so that was easy lol.

Again guys, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back