Archived Time off request issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so at the beginning of this month I requested off the 1st and 2nd of February (a Saturday and a Sunday) and it was approved. My schedule for Feb. 1st says "Time Off" but when I checked the new schedule today, I am scheduled to work on the 2nd. Thankfully my TL hadn't gotten off yet so I mentioned it to her. She said she'd try to fix it, but that the system didn't tell her I had a time off request for that day. This happened to me another time, back in November. I had requested off a Tuesday through a Sunday and it was approved, but when the schedule for that Sunday came out, I was scheduled to work. My TL fixed it, but it was still annoying to have to bring it up to her, and now I've had to do it again.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Maybe I'm doing something wrong when submitting my requests? For the most recent one, I put Feb. 1st as my "Start Date" and Feb. 2nd for the "End Date." I just figure one should put the first day they need off, and then the last day they need off. Is that not the correct way to do it?

do you have a board in your tsc that has a calendar with requests off on it? if so and you are written in on those days, then she just failed to check it and the person keying the schedule in max ignored the max prompt. that would be my guess. sounds like you entered it correctly!

Oh hon, this has been happening to me ALL THE TIME, probably since November. I never used to have a problem (the system used to be overzealous, actually; if I'd request off a partial day it would give me the whole day off anyway), but ever since October/November, I've had approved time off overwritten and my available screwed around with on a weekly basis.

If the time off was approved (and you should have the MAX inbox nofification to prove it), you are not responsible to work that shift. You need to let your TL and HR know ASAP and they will have to schedule someone else, but you should not be held responsible to work the shift. I always helped HR find replacements for those shifts because I knew the available people better than anyone, but I HAVE made me take me off the schedule without replacing the shift just so I didn't end up with an accidental NCNS (I don't trust any system that is so buggy, lol).

Sorry it happened to you, but yeah, it's been happening a lot. The only think I can suggest is to get with whoever writes your schedule on Weds or Thurs and remind them about your upcoming time off. They might find that annoying but it might help.

Oh, and for submitting requests, unless it's three days or more, I would just do single day requests. I.e. one for the 1st and one for the 2nd. If you had to be off three days, then I'd do it all in one. Might make it easier. But it's not your requests; the system is just REALLY buggy for some reason.

I'm not sure if our TSC has such a board, but I will have to check and see. Thanks.

And Snookie, thanks for replying! It's good to know I'm not the only one this has happened to (though I am sorry you've had to go through these hassles, lol). I'm also glad I didn't do something wrong when putting my request in. I even went on MAX after work today to double-check that I got the message saying it was approved (which I had). My TL wants me to remind her on Monday about it since she's off this weekend. And I hadn't thought about submitting multiple single-day requests. I'll have to do that next time I need a weekend off.

I heard a tm saying something similar happened to her. I put a request in a couple weeks ago for partial days and got two full days off (super bowl sunday, and some other day that week for an appt)

I have one day a week that I cannot work past 6 PM. This is approved by HR, and is in the system. I have had this single night off for three weeks.

For every one of those three weeks I have been scheduled that night.

It's a constant battle to get the days off that are approved actually off. Talk to HR about it, they cannot actually expect you to come in if you are scheduled off.

If you ask for days off in two different weeks, example sat and sunday, you should put in two different requests in order for the system to work. I know it always screws up if I don't.

This is weird. I've put in for weekends off and always gotten them with no hassles. Maybe I've just been lucky. And as far as getting a full day when I've put in for a partial, it has never bothered me. I'm just glad that I did get the time off.

Any time I ask for a partial day off, I always get the whole day off...even if it's something goofy like needing off after 6pm. That worked against me once because I once needed off after 6pm on a day in 4th quarter and my GSTL turned me down because he knew the system would flag it for the full day and he couldn't do it for the full day. Lord knows what year that software is in...

This is a big problem at our store, if you look at the request in your inbox it shows only the one day even though you selects 2 or more, I always double check it now

This is a big problem at our store, if you look at the request in your inbox it shows only the one day even though you selects 2 or more, I always double check it now

^^^ What I usually do is to put a note in the "comments" section making them aware that it's 2 days. If you look at the bottom of the screen, though, it shows the correct days.

Andrilena, if you can find a computer with a printer, go into max, choose "request time off, and print the screen. At the bottom, it should show the days off that have been approved.

lurker, mine have always come out fine....the only issue is that the "time off request approved" message only shows one day" so I always make sure if it's multiple days to put in a comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back