Archived TL help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have worked for target as a sales floor member and a PA. I left for 6 months to finished my bachelors and now back at target. I have been offered a FLOW TEAM LEADER position. I have a few questions and I honestly would appreciate any help!
Does anyone know the pay range for this position or a TL position in general?
I know Flow means coming in early. The store I work at in CALIFORNIA has flow members coming in at 4am. Is this the same time as your stores? And also can you tell me and pros and cons with being a flow team leader.
Thank you so much guys!!!

Flow = the shitty end of the stick.

Don't hand it to me!

Not a TL, so I can't really offer any information on average pay rate for your store. However, I work Flow so I can tell you what I consider a few pros of the Flow TL position are as I consider most related to schedule consistency. Most TL's at my store are working all kinds of shifts throughout the week. Flow TL works 4 to noon pretty much every day they are scheduled and have every other weekend off. The weekends are pretty standard for most TL positions, but the pro here is that my Flow TL never has to close or work past 2 pm. This type of schedule would be very appealing to me personally, but I guess it depends on how much of a morning person you are.

As a Flow TL, you will almost certainly be a keyholder and need to come in 15-30 minutes early to take down the alarm, do a perimeter check, open/acknowledge the trailer, and then be up front to let in the TMs.

Also note that many stores go overnight during peak periods (such as November through December).

Of course the bonus is no traffic...

Not a TL so I don't know much more than that.

Hey! I'm a TL but over HL. Also TL pay is between $12 and $15. Hmm and 4am on Sundays. 6am Monday -Fri at my store.

Don't take anything less than 15. While you're not "guest" LOD, you're still going to be the only person in the store and will have to make some decisions. You'll have to be able to fill out incident reports if they have them, decide who can/can't come into the building, etc. It's a decent amount of responsibility.

That, and Flow-TL is probably one of the hardest positions in the store. Both physically and administratively. You have 30+ TM's that you need to coach/recognize/review. More than any other work center.

GSTL. Just replace the truck process with vibe+Redcards and you have a GSTL.
Body count you may have more, but except for black Friday you won't ever have as many on the floor at once like flow. It can be like trying to herd rabbits with bubble blowers...

Definitely a perk for schedule. Less guest interaction and responsibility for Redcard numbers. I'd take it in a heartbeat, especially if your team runs well now. Pretty easy move to instocks tl or etl-log if you want/can develop for it.

Pay will depend on location of store but will probably fall in the 12-15 range. 4am says your store is going to be in the 40mil sales range and you should be taking 4-5 trucks a week with about 25 tm just for the unload team and another 4-5 for backroom. If you think you can handle the physical work I would say why not give it a shot, it will be a lot of work and just because you will be the lead doesn't mean less work. It's tough and you will be blamed for things that may or may not be the fault of your team. good luck. I'm not on here a lot but I have run both 4am and 6am so if you have questions feel free to ask. I just might not get back to you in a timely manner.

GSTL. Just replace the truck process with vibe+Redcards and you have a GSTL.
I have 60+ front end TMs to split between a Sr GSTL and a GSTL. We don't have alignment, except for our GSAs. Now we're adding seasonal. I've also been in stores with 2 Flow TLs and 2 Backroom TLs(I should know, I had to push them all through service academy in one week. That was a blast, said no one ever.) It all depends on your store.

I have 60+ front end TMs to split between a Sr GSTL and a GSTL. We don't have alignment, except for our GSAs. Now we're adding seasonal. I've also been in stores with 2 Flow TLs and 2 Backroom TLs(I should know, I had to push them all through service academy in one week. That was a blast, said no one ever.) It all depends on your store.

This is about what we have too! SO much fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back