TL text me on my daysoff

So i just noticed that my TL texted me on my daysoff asking me rough night? Or things about work. I know i get caught up and u know weekends are pretty busy and sometimes we dont get a chance to clean everything up cuz we dont have much people for coverage at the front. My question is, are TLs allowed to do that to a team member? Im okay of sitting down with my TL while on the clock not on my days off asking me about work.

They should only be contacting you about adding hours or changing shifts etc. Other then that no. You don’t need to respond to the text at all and when asked about it at work you can nicely say that you weren’t on the clock and are not obligated to answer work related questions. If you did choose to engage in the texting conversation then you need to do a punch correction to get paid for that time but understand they are likely to do it again unless you say something

I read that if you are contacted for anything other than your schedule, (just as you were), that you will need to do a time adjustment for 15min.

Maybe leave him a note (at work) where he can find it? A brief summary of issues and/or work completed?

ie. “Tons of call outs, cashiered for __ minutes, and was pulled to work __ freight “
Or whatever happened during your shift

How did your TL get your number? It's not really appropriate to have your team's phone numbers (though for some smaller teams or key people, I see why they do it). If he looked it up, that's not a good enough reason to pull personal info. Getting a red flag kinda vibe.
It's common in my store for TLs to have the phone numbers of their TMs and vice versa. They are only ever used for scheduling situations though, at least with me. Used to get asked to come in all the time, but that's not much of a thing anymore with the hours situation.

I read that if you are contacted for anything other than your schedule, (just as you were), that you will need to do a time adjustment for 15min.
This. I let my old ETL get away with phone calls and texts about work related stuff that she was unsure of for the first couple of months when she was new. I complained about it to my TL and she told me I should be doing a 15 minute punch correction for every exchange (unless a phone call went more than 15 mins).

The minute I put in a 15 minute punch correction for one of our phone calls, she stopped doing it.

Back