TL transfer

I am interested in other experiences about transferring. I already have the longest commuted than order TL/ETL and when I move, my commute will be an over an hour. As a "high performance" TL, I know I can find store outside my district closer to my new place. The things that goes against me is I am just a year in current store (10+ years with Target), and my department is shorted staffed. But also, turnover is high and every store needs people.

Did anybody had those kind of experiences ? I understand they can deny me transfer, but do they want me to drive 2h daily until I quit. idk :-S

Did anybody had those kind of experiences ? I understand they can deny me transfer, but do they want me to drive 2h daily until I quit. idk :-S
I want to clear this up- they can deny the transfer if you are transferring outside of moving or education.

Nothing to the OP but we do have people that search the boards and I don't want them to be like " they can't deny my transfer"

In my experience they will usually not deny a transfer for a tl outright, but both tines ive seen a team leader transfer they were delayed until after 4th quarter. Talk to your sd/hr/etl and ask. It sucks for the store but its retail and im sure you know that being short on staff and leadership happens all the time. If you know you are moving and it will be a problem talk to your store asap.

My tip before you begin the transfer process I would definitely check out the store or stores you want to transfer too. At my store we have leads and team members who commute to my store because it is a better store.

Back