TmT

thinkin bout applying for a Team member Trainer role… if i were to get it. What r the guidelines that come with that role??? And would i be able to post out of that position/ back to floor??? Already ask r building oms/ hr n really havent gotten an answer…

I trained for a few years. Most new hires were pretty good and paid attention. Some were too stupid to get it. Some had no attention span. Not a big deal, this isn't an adjunct professor of geophysics position. It's putting shit on the shelves and running the BR equipment and making bales.

It’s not exactly it’s own position, more of an “add-on” role, so you wouldn’t need to post back. You should have the ability to drop the role, which would then just return you to a “normal” WW and remove the extra pay.

It’s not exactly it’s own position, more of an “add-on” role, so you wouldn’t need to post back. You should have the ability to drop the role, which would then just return you to a “normal” WW and remove the extra pay.
Its become its own dedicated role that you need to apply and interview for. So unfortunately its not as simple to just stop doing.

You can post out and back to the floor, but all the eligibility requirements are still in place. You'd need to wait for a job change and you can't be on an performance corrective actions.

If your building has back-up TMTs I would apply for that first. It would give you an opportunity to test drive the role without fully committing and then apply for the real thing later if you like it.

Its become its own dedicated role that you need to apply and interview for. So unfortunately its not as simple to just stop doing.

You can post out and back to the floor, but all the eligibility requirements are still in place. You'd need to wait for a job change and you can't be on an performance corrective actions.

If your building has back-up TMTs I would apply for that first. It would give you an opportunity to test drive the role without fully committing and then apply for the real thing later if you like it.
I stand corrected I guess. My understanding was that you could be stripped of the role without being fired, thus you should be able to voluntarily be removed without having to post out. Especially since you’d be posting to a position that you already occupy, even if only partially.

can tmt's get a ca and remain in the role? it used to be a supposed thing that a trainer couldnt be on ca or so they claimed, and that was when they handed out trainer to just anybody not this new selective role.

considering how few tmt's they seem to have and that it seems to be a semi big deal to train them for the role, i suspect trouble if for example some get wrote up, quit etc they will be hard up for trainers fast. i have not thought it would work from the beginning. because at least the last couple years we had such a massive amount of new hires, theres no way the few tmts they have could have handled the last couple years volume of new hires, not even close. what i think will happen is they will start asking regular people to basically train new hires, without actually asking. so i'm telling people preemptively dont do it, thats not your job. if you arent a trainer you shouldnt be training. granted we have not had new hires since the new role came in. feels like we might be getting close though especially with fall season not so far away and how they like to have everybody "in place" first.

can tmt's get a ca and remain in the role? it used to be a supposed thing that a trainer couldnt be on ca or so they claimed, and that was when they handed out trainer to just anybody not this new selective role.

considering how few tmt's they seem to have and that it seems to be a semi big deal to train them for the role, i suspect trouble if for example some get wrote up, quit etc they will be hard up for trainers fast. i have not thought it would work from the beginning. because at least the last couple years we had such a massive amount of new hires, theres no way the few tmts they have could have handled the last couple years volume of new hires, not even close. what i think will happen is they will start asking regular people to basically train new hires, without actually asking. so i'm telling people preemptively dont do it, thats not your job. if you arent a trainer you shouldnt be training. granted we have not had new hires since the new role came in. feels like we might be getting close though especially with fall season not so far away and how they like to have everybody "in place" first.
Its a full on role like an ICQA team member. Its not a give and take role like it use to be. A team member trainer can only be removed if they job change back to warehouse worker/associate, is promoted, or gets fired.

Back