Archived To cashiers or anyone whom this may concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
How long did it take you to start GSA/GSTL training and to receive the funds key?

Cashiers aren't automatically trained as GSAs as part of their Target career. You need to be selected for the position. You might cover the lanes a few times as a cashier, but the majority of your training will take place after you're signed off as a GSA. You'll get access to the GSA/GSTL key once your training is complete.

If you want to develop for the position, talk to your GSTL and ETL-GE and let them know your interest. Then ask them for an opportunity that you can work on. Your leader will love this, as TMs taking initiative, wanting to develop and wanting to work on their opportunities is awesome. Give it a few weeks and make some progress on that opportunity, then talk to them again. That should get the ball rolling.

If you want some anecdotes on how long it took various TMs to be offered the GSA position, check this thread out: How long did it take you to become a GSA?

Last edited:
Cashiers aren't automatically trained as GSAs as part of their Target career. You need to be selected for the position. You might cover the lanes a few times as a cashier, but the majority of your training will take place after you're signed off as a GSA. You'll get access to the GSA/GSTL key once your training is complete.

If you want to develop for the position, talk to your GSTL and ETL-GE and let them know your interest. Then ask them for an opportunity that you can work on. Your leader will love this, as TMs taking initiative, wanting to develop and wanting to work on their opportunities is awesome. Give it a few weeks and make some progress on that opportunity, then talk to them again. That should get the ball rolling.

If you want some anecdotes on how long it took various TMs to be offered the GSA position, check this thread out: How long did it take you to become a GSA?

What I find interesting however is when I was trained for it I had access to the keys before being keyed in. Still aren't one just cover from time to time.

What I find interesting however is when I was trained for it I had access to the keys before being keyed in. Still aren't one just cover from time to time.

Are you keyed in as a Cashier or GSA? Only the GSA/GSTL should have access to the keys.

I'm keyed in as cashier, but still get access and regularly cover lunches and breaks.
I have the same access as a GSA because my ETL approved it so I could requisition ingredients for Deli. Someone probably decided to give you access so you didn't need as much assistance when you covered GSA breaks/lunches. I know a cashier in the same boat as you and she often has to cover every break/lunch for the GSA when she works while she continues to be passed over for promotion... even though she was told that she would be getting the next GSA position that opens up before our most recent GSA was hired.
Bottom line, you may get the responsibilities long before you get the pay grade or official training. If you've interviewed for the position and accepted the offer already, talk to your TL or ETL and probably HR about when you will be scheduled for GSA training (which may be at another store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back