Archived To make it easier for everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Now along with my PA tasks I am being asked to bcode pro1, pro2, meat, bakery, freezer and cooler. I am also to backstock bakery. And if they do not backstock pro and meat I have to do that before I do the order. I don't know how long they think all that will take but that will not fit into my 8 hour day

That really sucks! Do they not bcode everything as they work the load? That is what we do. I am in charge of the coolers in the back (pro 1 & 2 are my designated coolers that I take complete ownership of) and I make sure that all case stock are monarched before it gets brought to the back. If it gets brought to the back and it's not, it gets sent back out.

There is no way you can get that done in 8 hours. It takes sometimes 4 of us to backstock all the coolers. Pro 1 takes me 3-4 sometimes with rotating and moving older stuff around.

Good luck!

This is what I was told today because last week the person they told to do it just bcoded everything, even the stuff that was going to be push. Talk about working backwards.
Our truck came so late yesterday they ended up pushing it today and I got roped into doing the bcode, leaving my produce un stoed. I got bake bcoded and stoed for the back room and all of the full cases of freezer and dairy bcoded. Fortunately I had just 12 total SDAs and 3 TPCs to do. I punched out at 2:34 this will not all be possible on Tuesday.

I was also told by my STL that the PA needs to understand that the title is called "Perishables Assistant" pFresh (meat and produce) are not the only areas of responsibility. All of "grocery" is "perishable".
I don't know. I thought the TL for grocery had all that as a responsibility :dash1:

Odd, flow team will bcode as we work. Backroom sends it back to us if it's not done.

I'd ask your STL who he plans on having help you cull, TPC, clean, do the order, qmos, work cafs, clean, fix FIFO issues, zone, fill bananas and eggs and milk, etc.

Great! Now along with my PA tasks I am being asked to bcode pro1, pro2, meat, bakery, freezer and cooler. I am also to backstock bakery. And if they do not backstock pro and meat I have to do that before I do the order. I don't know how long they think all that will take but that will not fit into my 8 hour day

That sucks dude. What I do know is, that your STL, logistics etl, backroom/logistics tl, CTL, ETL in charge of p fresh and or HR team have the wrong idea about how to get backroom p fresh done. In order for it to work, you need a select few who, week in and out, bcode all of the p fresh trucks and backstock before the end of their shift. My store has one backroom team member working exclusivly in the p fresh coolers and freezers monday through friday. The complete the trucks on truck days. On non truck days, they pull all the autofills, push the autofills and backstock the autofills while the PA/ctl does their job. They are under logistics zone. Your STL has to make payroll room for that in order for this to get done.

But they shouldnt put everything on you dude. You need to make a list of stuff that is "suppose" to be done on a daily basis but cant due to the extra tasks you are given.

When you say pFresh coolers and freezers do you mean pro1&2, meat, frozen, and dairy cooler?

I am in the process of making the lists. I have had no time to wash my grape shelves or vacuum my potato shelves for about a week. No one sweeps the pro or meat cooler floors but they are checking them off in the book.

STL told me that we are not a high volume store so it should not take me as long to do my tasks. I told him that I still have the same cleaning tasks but he was stuck on his point.

Btw I had to leave work after cull and QMOS, had an emergency. I returned a few hours later. Fortunately before I left I told a fellow TM that they should bcode freezer and cooler as they worked it and they did. I walked back into full unwrapped pallets in meat and pro rooms though.

OMG your store sounds like a nightmare. Our store is fairly low volume.

In regards to the truck usually it is
4-6 people scheduled under log zone
1 of those people is a backroom TM that does the backstock and also purges out shorter dated items from dairy cooler. Sometimes will help push if we are running behind
1 Person B-Codes any boxes that are put on the green metro racks whether they be full or partial. Produce with no dates can be full or partial, same with bakery to a point. This person also pushes when there is no Bcoding
the other 2-3 people push.

We also break down freezer and dairy pallets on the line onto flatbeds.

Our trucks come in around noon and then are staged to be pushed the next day so we arent doing C+S and the General Truck on the same day. Freezer pallets come on seperate trucks the morning of push.

So the process would be.
1. We pull a pallet out of Dairy for example, bring it to the line and break it down onto 3 flatbeds.
2. We bring whatever we think we can push out in the time left until it needs to be put back and then put the rest in the dairy cooler again. Usually we just bring 1 out and then someone will grab another before the first is done and then we will load up the green rack until the first push product has been out 30 min.
3. Open stock backstock usually goes on the top rack and full case and boxed backstock goes on the middle and lower racks of the metro rack.
4. 1 Person will BCODE any boxes there are and circle date or write expiration date if its not visible so its easier to spot in the backroom when pulling short dated items. They push when not BCODING
5. Once the 30 minutes is up or all product has been pushed we bring the usually full green rack to backroom and our backroom TM will backstock it.

We also bring out a cart for cardboard and push that to the bailer when we bring back the backstock.

Last edited:
As far as having too much to do and not enough time im with you there.

My normal opening looks like this
1. Arrive and do Produce 1 and 2 push, MTCL push, Dairy Push and Freezer push. I usually throw bananas on the ambient push.
2. Do the SDA and cull. Fill Hard Alcohol and Ice. We have our hard Alochol limited to 4 and 2 on the shelf depending on price and all are locked up so it needs filled every morning (personally I think its stupid and BS)
3. Usually by now its Huddle time so I go to huddle which takes like 15 minutes. I will SOMETIMES take a break after huddle usually I dont take one
4. Push milk out whenever the vendor comes or count and load it myself on non vendor days.
5. Zone pfresh and do the Sales Walk with the LOD.
6. Do Stand Alone Research to zero out anything that is out with zero backroom locations. If it does have a backroom location they wont let me generate a pull I have to write it down and pull it myself because it lowers the score. Usually Bakery is messed up so I end up pulling At least 5-10 different DPCIs from Bakery.
7. Pull and push out any research
8. Go to workbench and look at any message boards that need attention. Also look up everything I need for the order like promotions and cut report. By this time its prob lunch.
9. Get back from Lunch, start order. Usually go to back room to see any items that will expire before the NEXT orders delivery will be in. Make sure to record it for when I do the order on the floor. I usually will manually pull any short dated items like meat or produce that might be shorter dated than whats on the floor. Usually only a couple items. Once thats done and I take a quick backroom inventory I go to the floor and do the order.
10. Prepare the backroom for the pfresh truck coming in which means condense milk pallets in dairy if there are 2, and if the banana pallet in the back has 2-3 boxes move those over to the grey ambient rack and push empty pallets to receiving. Receive pfresh truck and put pallets into respective rooms.
11. Do the daily cleaning and do any TPCs that I can find.
12. Use whatever little "extra" time I have for stuff other than Essential Everyday functions. An example is today I set the Bakery and PF Side Wine Planograms. Still have the front Plano next to the wine aisle to do tommorow. Another project we had this week was to clean our vendor milk shelves because we had mold all over them and on the back wall of the coolers as well. Had to take each shelf and the 2 shelf holders back to the cleaning room in the back and use a bleach solution with a scrub brush to get the mold off and then use our usual cleaners and rinse to finish it off. As you can imagine this took a long freaking time and im only done with the 2% and Whole milk sections so far.

Maybe Im slow and other people are faster than me???? I dont know but I try to work really fast. Like I said I usually dont even takes my breaks or at least my first break just my lunch.

And as far as "perishable" things go. You could of responded back with the notion that I guess you should be responsible for Pharmacy Meds, Nutritional Bars, Protein Powders, Pet Food, and Infant Hardlines Forumla and Baby food since are those are "perishable" too.

Last edited:
As far as having too much to do and not enough time im with you there.

My normal opening looks like this
1. Arrive and do Produce 1 and 2 push, MTCL push, Dairy Push and Freezer push. I usually throw bananas on the ambient push.
2. Do the SDA and cull. Fill Hard Alcohol and Ice. We have our hard Alochol limited to 4 and 2 on the shelf depending on price and all are locked up so it needs filled every morning (personally I think its stupid and BS)
3. Usually by now its Huddle time so I go to huddle which takes like 15 minutes. I will SOMETIMES take a break after huddle usually I dont take one
4. Push milk out whenever the vendor comes or count and load it myself on non vendor days.
5. Zone pfresh and do the Sales Walk with the LOD.
6. Do Stand Alone Research to zero out anything that is out with zero backroom locations. If it does have a backroom location they wont let me generate a pull I have to write it down and pull it myself because it lowers the score. Usually Bakery is messed up so I end up pulling At least 5-10 different DPCIs from Bakery.
7. Pull and push out any research
8. Go to workbench and look at any message boards that need attention. Also look up everything I need for the order like promotions and cut report. By this time its prob lunch.
9. Get back from Lunch, start order. Usually go to back room to see any items that will expire before the NEXT orders delivery will be in. Make sure to record it for when I do the order on the floor. I usually will manually pull any short dated items like meat or produce that might be shorter dated than whats on the floor. Usually only a couple items. Once thats done and I take a quick backroom inventory I go to the floor and do the order.
10. Prepare the backroom for the pfresh truck coming in which means condense milk pallets in dairy if there are 2, and if the banana pallet in the back has 2-3 boxes move those over to the grey ambient rack and push empty pallets to receiving. Receive pfresh truck and put pallets into respective rooms.
11. Do the daily cleaning and do any TPCs that I can find.
12. Use whatever little "extra" time I have for stuff other than Essential Everyday functions. An example is today I set the Bakery and PF Side Wine Planograms. Still have the front Plano next to the wine aisle to do tommorow. Another project we had this week was to clean our vendor milk shelves because we had mold all over them and on the back wall of the coolers as well. Had to take each shelf and the 2 shelf holders back to the cleaning room in the back and use a bleach solution with a scrub brush to get the mold off and then use our usual cleaners and rinse to finish it off. As you can imagine this took a long freaking time and im only done with the 2% and Whole milk sections so far.

Maybe Im slow and other people are faster than me???? I dont know but I try to work really fast. Like I said I usually dont even takes my breaks or at least my first break just my lunch.

And as far as "perishable" things go. You could of responded back with the notion that I guess you should be responsible for Pharmacy Meds, Nutritional Bars, Protein Powders, Pet Food, and Infant Hardlines Forumla and Baby food since are those are "perishable" too.

Technically, you are. One of our core responsibilities includes doing SDA -- that includes perishables with expiration dates regardless of category. Even though we don't push infant food, protein bars or pet food -- we have those in our SDA task list from time to time. I went through and short dated every product/fifoed them shortly after our pfresh remodel.

The way I see it, areas that aren't our explicit responsibility per best practices do fall under our geographic zone of control and thus we are implicitly responsible for it. Same with Starbucks being under my indirect area of control since I'm a milk nazi.

Consumeables rules everything around you.

How well do you guys complete all your cleaning tasks during the month with having to do all that?

How well do you guys complete all your cleaning tasks during the month with having to do all that?

Not very well, especially being the only PA. The TMs that are scheduled on my days off and during afternoon and evenings do none of the pFresh tasks, they do cull, push the meat and pro CAFs but then walk away. They are there to zone grocery, do reshop, help the CTL with endcaps, push milk and eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back