To My Western WA Team……

Do you not usually get much snow there? If not, a foot must be pretty daunting. I bet the kids are loving it.
We usually don't get much snow there, if at all. We also don't have the road equipment to handle snow days like this, and with how uhh mountainous(?) western WA is - driving through it is an absolute nightmare and I highly recommend you stay home because there's a good chance you will not make it up that hill your house is on the bottom of safely.

Coast Range? Yeah, itty bitty mountains, but nothing I'd want to navigate with excessive snowfall and no treatment and likely no chains.

good luck and may fortune be in your favor.

Ive got a foot of snow in the driveway and am looking at a day or two of being stuck at the house.

I am not in Seattle proper I am across the bridge for those that haven't been, if you have seen the hills in San Francisco, Lombard street anyone? Not as twisty but just as steep like that then coat them in snow and ice.. For me that Saturday drive in was hella fun! My truck did not care there was 10inches on the ground and the plows hadn't been out yet.. I haven't had fun in the snow like that in a long time!

And yes they lay down deicer and have plows but not like the Midwest. I haven't needed chains, have a set in the gear bag but haven't looked at them since I changed up my tire choice.

We rarely get snow in the greater Seattle area, even though we are further north than Canada's capital city of Ottawa! However, this area has hilly terrain, the highways and streets are impacted by the hills as well as the bodies of water, so when we get snow and ice it can be difficult. Once or twice in a decade we get a really major snowstorm, like two years ago when heavy snow and ice actually lasted for about three weeks! Our cities have few snowplows and limited snow removal equipment.

Anyway, I'm glad the recent snow storm here only lasted about a bit over 3 days, we did receive close to a foot of the white stuff in my neighborhood and almost as much at the Target store, which is a bit lower in elevation.

FYI although we should not disclose our store locations to maintain anonymity, over the past couple of years Target has opened several new stores around here.

As the snow has gone and we move into the spring shower season, here's a warm shout-out to fellow TMs out in this area of the country, particularly those working in our newest stores.

Back