Archived To Target Management, your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you guys know, i got fired for internal theft (discount)..
I plan to go to another nearby Target store that is hiring (not the one i got fired from) and speak with an LOD or STL, admit the whole scenario, and see whether they would really take a chance on me or not. (Im marked as nonrehirable)
Guys, i really did learn my lesson, for what it's worth. I'm just a 19 year old that made a mistake. I paid all the consequences and I really do not have anything to lose by speaking to management at the store.

Your thoughts? (Laugh and be harsh if it's TRULY sincere) thanks.

As you guys know, i got fired for internal theft (discount)..
I plan to go to another nearby Target store that is hiring (not the one i got fired from) and speak with an LOD or STL, admit the whole scenario, and see whether they would really take a chance on me or not. (Im marked as nonrehirable)
Guys, i really did learn my lesson, for what it's worth. I'm just a 19 year old that made a mistake. I paid all the consequences and I really do not have anything to lose by speaking to management at the store.

Your thoughts? (Laugh and be harsh if it's TRULY sincere) thanks.
You have no chance at all....if they pressed charges.

Charges were not pressed, i paid the amount and was told it would not show up on my background checks.

You can always try, you never know. It's just not very likely.

Non-rehirable isn't the be all end all ruling, but just about everyone adheres to it.

As former HR, you have zero chance. I would try a different company. The HR at the store you apply at will most likely contact your former HR or AP. Or, they may see your termination reason, and not give you a second look.

I'm sorry but it really seems unlikely.
You really need to try another company.

Give it a year or more and try again. The neighboring Target is probably in the same district so odds are none and never if you go walking in with that story. Internal theft is tough to defend. No AP wants to know they just hired a TM who stole from Target before, even if it was just giving discounts. What you did is no different than opening the bay door and allowing TVs to sneak out. You may not have stolen but you facilitated the action.

I'd keep this a don't ask don't tell situation when it comes to finding other jobs.

well think of it like this... would YOU hire someone who just admitted they stole from the company and take the risk of it happening again? I would try a different company. give it a few years and try again if you want to even try for Target to rehire you.

I really do not have anything to lose by speaking to management at the store.

That's not true. I don't think you realize that once you've stolen from the store, you're taking a risk by even showing up. The stores in your district all communicate with each other, so there's a good chance the ETL-AP has all your information and knows the whole story already. Showing up and explaining it will just make you look suspicious. If I were you, I wouldn't even shop at Target, let alone ask them to hire me.

If you really learned your lesson you'd be moving forward and finding a job somewhere else. Not fighting an uphill battle trying to get rehired with a company that considers you a theft risk.

OK, this is weird, but I think I know who you are. I would vouch for you in a heartbeat. I know that you were stupid. I know that you also have a good soul. Tell the HR at the new store to call the GSTL at your old store. It might not make a difference but if it did...

So if this is who I think it is, he got caught up in the "Hey, get a REDCard, get stuff" scenario. It's pretty easy to do. He made some ridiculously stupid judgments, but all in all, he is a valuable, smart, kind, gentle soul. Is there any forgiveness?

The store I used to work at was so desperate last holiday season that they started calling back people they fired asking if they wanted a second chance. If that store's desperate enough, then you may have a chance, but it's extremely unlikely.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is there honestly NO other company you can work for? Like.. is Target the one and ONLY job out there!?! Is $8/hr with 6 hours a week the BEST you could do? Can you not channel that passion and persistence you have with Target into another project, schooling, trade, hobby, ect? If you're seriously thinking about going to try and get a job at another Target, I think you should first consider sitting down and talking with a therapist. You clearly have unresolved past issues that NO job will satisfy. I strong urge you to seek help from professionals or people close to you. Your rationale is not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back