Archived To Team Members that backstock like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to my TL and was saying that we should try to turn those wacos in to a whole shelve for boots and shit but they shot it down. Most boots are too big for wacos but I don't know care
It would work better if there was a nearby aisle with full sized shelves and wacos that you could expand into.

We had a TL "help" by backstocking shoes a few months ago, and they just put unboxed shoes and boots randomly on shelves with the boxed shoes.

Holy hell I actually agree with Jack on something.

Is it supposed to be in a box and it's not? Get it the fuck out of my stockroom and don't bring it back until it's ready to be backstocked.

I push shoes off truck everyday. After looking at the picture, none of those items come in their own box. Initially they come in case pack with all sizes. They don't all go out. In my store the whole back wall, slippers and sneakers never have their own box. I feel your pain. I have back stocked flats of shoes and toddler boots, slippers and sneakers suck!

No that is typical overnight..

As an overnight team member for 17 years, I take offense to blanket statements like that. I'm sure I could find things in my store that are "typical dayside" but I won't stoop to your level. Have respect for your fellow team members in all areas. Yes, that picture shows stupidity, laziness, etc. But, it isn't typical of ALL overnight team members. We're not all dipshits. There are plenty of us who take pride in our work, work neatly and safely, and don't do shit like that.

Remember... overnighters are people just like you. Some people do good things and some people do bad things. ASANTS.

Watch your statements in the overnight/dayside blame game. No one will win...it's about as counter productive as you can get

I used to blame overnight for everything, but then they went to 4am lol.

At my store I am responsible for backstocking and maintaining the softlines aisles in the backroom. IF I walked down my shoe aisle and saw that...I would walk into the fixture room, pull up the backroom detail report and see who the hell did it . Then, I would call the backroom/flow srtl and show him...if he wasn't there I would show the etl/log. I take pride in what I do. I take the time to bs correctly and if someone just throws crap up on the shelf or in a Waco...yea I will say something . IF its someone new I will take the time to say hey Mr new TM..if you are going to backstock over here let me show you the correct way to do it etc etc. If its a TM who has been there awhile..then I let the tl, or etl handle it . I have enough to do without cleaning up someone else crap.

As an overnight team member for 17 years, I take offense to blanket statements like that. I'm sure I could find things in my store that are "typical dayside" but I won't stoop to your level. Have respect for your fellow team members in all areas. Yes, that picture shows stupidity, laziness, etc. But, it isn't typical of ALL overnight team members. We're not all dipshits. There are plenty of us who take pride in our work, work neatly and safely, and don't do shit like that.

Remember... overnighters are people just like you. Some people do good things and some people do bad things. ASANTS.

Watch your statements in the overnight/dayside blame game. No one will win...it's about as counter productive as you can get

Sorry you feel that way and here is why I feel like I do. I have not had one day in the last year the laundry detergent has not been fucked up from the truck. This is one item in a long checklist they are held to. They know that is the first thing we look at and they still can't push it right. When I see it done right my opinion may change til then. That is typical overnight.

So today a team went in to catch up on backstock. While back there I saw some things that I knew should go out. With a my device using take option, oh no! get a message saying none in backroom. Clearly someone is confused about how we backstock. Makes it a lot easier to take it out!

Sorry you feel that way and here is why I feel like I do. I have not had one day in the last year the laundry detergent has not been fucked up from the truck. This is one item in a long checklist they are held to. They know that is the first thing we look at and they still can't push it right. When I see it done right my opinion may change til then. That is typical overnight.
This is what you can do to help the situation instead of defaulting to your "typical overnight" blame game mentality:

If you are not a TL or above, document and tell your leadership. They can tell the appropriate overnight leaders. Your job is done.
If you are a TL or above, send out an email to the ETL-Logistics (or walk with them if you are there when they are). They know who was working in that aisle each night and can follow up with said person or people. It is NOT typical overnight behavior to stock like that. It is the actions of one or a few people in your store, but not the actions of all or most overnight team members across the company.

Unless you are appropriate and thorough in taking the steps to fix it, you are contributing to the problem. If the ETL-Logistics and Flow TLs don't correct the problem, that is on them. Stocking issues like this can be used in counseling and corrective action documentation...and have been used to fire certain problematic team members in my store. I get that certain overnight team members at your store may do this, but it is not typical of all overnight team members in all stores.

You need to watch yourself when you say things like "typical overnight"...

This is what you can do to help the situation instead of defaulting to your "typical overnight" blame game mentality:

If you are not a TL or above, document and tell your leadership. They can tell the appropriate overnight leaders. Your job is done.
If you are a TL or above, send out an email to the ETL-Logistics (or walk with them if you are there when they are). They know who was working in that aisle each night and can follow up with said person or people. It is NOT typical overnight behavior to stock like that. It is the actions of one or a few people in your store, but not the actions of all or most overnight team members across the company.

Unless you are appropriate and thorough in taking the steps to fix it, you are contributing to the problem. If the ETL-Logistics and Flow TLs don't correct the problem, that is on them. Stocking issues like this can be used in counseling and corrective action documentation...and have been used to fire certain problematic team members in my store. I get that certain overnight team members at your store may do this, but it is not typical of all overnight team members in all stores.

You need to watch yourself when you say things like "typical overnight"...

I am not leadership and my leadership fails. I can call out what screws over every other team in the store, but if leadership don't care to correct a problem that wastes hours of labor to correct on a daily basis so be it. My attitude isn't going to change, your good work is lost for the ones who can't be bothered to do their job right.

We are two sides of the same coin, good workers that have our credit used by those who can't be bothered.

Backroom people! I have a question about what to do with Back Stock. In guest service, commonly people just drop off back stock items assuming someone else will take care of it. That person is me. Usually it's 2-3 items, so not a huge deal, but all I've been doing is sorting them into their usual go back carts. Is that okay if it's just a few items? I figure by the time they make it back to the floor, there's probably going to be a spot for them.

Scan the items in Smart Sort. The only items you really need to send back are NOP (i.e. the items that sort to Box F because they have no sales floor locations). Items that are located on the floor should be re-pushed because they might fit on the floor. If a sales floor team member has non-NOP backstock in their re-shop, it's their responsibility to make sure it gets back to the backroom. You only need to worry about Box F.

As others have said, make sure you use a pink BACKSTOCK clip. And don't leave it in a shopping cart; use a tub or 3-tiered cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back