Archived To those who came back to spot: any regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they wanted me back :oops:

Welp, that was quick.
I was just finishing my app when one of the ETLs (who was new when I left) took me back for my interview, or as she called it - pencil-whipping.
She asked about my past experience at spot (which was fun to watch her expression when she realized how long I'd worked there & how much I knew) then asked if I could start before week's end (?!).
New baristas start at only .45 less per hr than what I left at & I was considered 'experienced' so they bumped me up to my old rate :D
The SBTL told me they can only spare about 2 shifts/week (which is fine with me) but it would get busy during BTS.
They also said I could always pick up cashier shifts if I wanted more hours; I kept a straight face on that one o_O
Back in black, baby.
Welcome back. That was sure fast.

I will NEVER ever in a million years EVER consider going back to Target LOL. Id have to take a major pay cut and lose hours and benefits lol.

Welp, that was quick.
I was just finishing my app when one of the ETLs (who was new when I left) took me back for my interview, or as she called it - pencil-whipping.
She asked about my past experience at spot (which was fun to watch her expression when she realized how long I'd worked there & how much I knew) then asked if I could start before week's end (?!).
New baristas start at only .45 less per hr than what I left at & I was considered 'experienced' so they bumped me up to my old rate :D
The SBTL told me they can only spare about 2 shifts/week (which is fine with me) but it would get busy during BTS.
They also said I could always pick up cashier shifts if I wanted more hours; I kept a straight face on that one o_O
Back in black, baby.

Welcome back to the big ol' red family. Now you can further bask in our suffering. Hopefully your store is drama-deficient enough to let you enjoy the good things about Target.

Lately I've been missing my old co workers like I still see them every week since I shop at target and my wife does also but still can't bring myself to want to go back since certain ppl are still there plus target would not pay me what I want.

I can't say I have anything to miss worth going back. Since leaving I have more pay, am actually looked at as leadership, and more future opportunity. Also virtually everyone I knew is gone (ran off is a better term)...except a handful of people I didn't like. Only way I'd go back is at a different store, with better leadership, no IGS, perhaps not a front end position anyway, and with more pay than I make now (15$+).

I guess what cinched it is that I'm not the sole breadwinner now & don't have that feeling of desperation.
And having left once, if it gets too crazy again, I can always LEAVE again.
Today was the first day back & I hit the ground running.
I remembered more than I realized & surprised a few of my favorite regulars.
Still learning summer drinks, tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back