Archived Today will mark my 3rd week as flow team, too early to request days off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a family trip coming up in two weeks, and of course I really want to go. But being such a new employee it makes me worried to ALREADY be asking for time off (just 2 to 3 days on a weekend, which I usually don't work anyway.) Should I be?

Also, they changed my hours from 4am start, to 4:30am, as a flow team member is this a good or bad sign? Or should I even think twice about it?

And I ask if I should be worried, because will that make them potentially cut hours or think I'm not serious about my job, despite great feedback so far?

Changing the start times IMO isn't a good or bad sign. Sometimes the flow team and or log etl have to change things around based on the size of the store, amount of freight coming in, time of the year ( ie now in Back to School) etc etc. I wouldn't be worried about that. If your leaders had an issue with you and you are under your 90 days they would say something . As for asking the time off ...most time off requests need to be submitted three weeks in advance. So, I would just talk to your team lead explain to them the situation and ask if it would be an issue. IF you are not working the weekends anyways it shouldn't be....but just talk to them.

If you are a new hire, and you knew about this trip when you interviewed, you should have let the interviewers know about it then. If this was a relatively spur of the moment trip your family decided to take, talk to your ETL-Log and explain the situation. If you have been a good worker these past three weeks they may cut you some slack and let you take the time off.

The change in your scheduled time is nothing. It just means you won't be unloading the truck, just pushing on the floor or back stocking if you have been trained for it. Just a way to keep as many TM on the floor for as long as possible.

Yeah today went great. It was nice not having to worry about the truck and just speed pulling/pushing, my team leader even was surprised by how quick I am becoming and I tried cross training my fellow new co worker who is shy but ALWAYS comes into my aisle and makes it look bad on my part. So I just explained that to my team leader and he called me a good man, awesome. I got in touch with the manager as he was doing the schedule and asked for the days off and got them. Everyone said not to worry and it wouldn't reflect badly on me.

As to what you said Boxcutter, I didn't know at the time that the trip would be august six, it's just been floating around and my bro and I finally got the time and date right this past few days. Anyway, all is well in the target jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back