Archived Tomorrow morning is going to be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Well this post will probably out me to anyone else who works at my store, but who cares. My information is easily found in this site anyway.

So we are losing 10 members of the flow team due to call-ins, terms, V-terms, and transfers! They will all be gone tomorrow! The schedule looks like it would look for a non truck morning. Not to mention the flow TL and ETL-log aren't working so the Presentation team lead is the key carrier and LOD for this shift. We'll probably have no more than 6 people for unload and push - that includes throwing, scanning, pulling pallets, and both sides of the line lol. No word on the truck size but the rest of the week's trucks have been small so I'm willing to bet it's over 2000. Not to mention Dayside backroom has been suffering from call-ins and someone quitting, so I bet the line will be full of backstock and (today's) freight since the food came late today so C and D aren't done.

Wow, sounds like a serious nightmare.
Are there any other stores close enough that you can get workers from?

Sending some serious good vibes your way. I hope it goes decently for you.

Sometimes you just have to take it one box at a time you know.

Yikes! I hope you have some sister stores nearby.
Seriously, this is bad enough I bet your DTL starts calling other stores!

Totally. Hopefully they will send some help if you have any stores in the area. Maybe your executive team can jump in and help flow the truck? It can be done. I have seen it with my own two eyes.

I feel for you buddy, I really do. I can't imagine what such a small team is going to be able to accomplish but I know you will give it your best effort. This is where cross training comes in and hopefully you have people that can come in to work until your workforce can be replenished.

So how did it go? Did you get support help from other stores? Did the ETLs jump in and help? We've been in similar positions before. When it was known before hand other stores were contacted about support help. Other times with call ins we had plano & price accuracy help. Of course this was when we were at 4am not over nights. Good luck, Formina! :)

6 people on the truck wouldn't be that big of a deal for the store I work in. We typically only have about 8 people for the unload. The rest all bowl.

Well we lucked out big time on Saturday. Truck was only 1200 and we managed to get cleaned up by 9 or so. There were a few more TM's working unload/push than I initially thought there would be, I think closer to 9 or 10. We survived and all was well! I guess I gotta put more faith in the system :)

That's great that you got out my 9, all things considered. It feels great when the team can get done when they are supposed to. I know they were loving it too.

Well we lucked out big time on Saturday. Truck was only 1200 and we managed to get cleaned up by 9 or so. There were a few more TM's working unload/push than I initially thought there would be, I think closer to 9 or 10. We survived and all was well! I guess I gotta put more faith in the system :)

"I guess I gotta put more faith in the system." You said that you "lucked out big time" Well, luck and the system are two things that don't go together.
I think that the "luck" is the most realistic answer.

Gotta tell you, at my store there's not much of a system in place!

I'm glad that all went well with your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back