Archived Tons of hardlines questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanxiety

Mediocre at best
Heyo! I'm a new hire and I have some Qs for you to A.
Sorry this went a little long.

1) This might sound dumb, but I'm honestly not sure what I am supposed to do. Get my equipment, and then head to the back room and ask what area I'm working in? My training hasn't told me what's expected of me when I get there.

2) I can not, for the life of me, read the shelf locations. How do I determine the "section" of a shelf to find where an item is located?

3) I don't know my store very well yet. If a guest asks me something, how do I ask for assistance over the walkie? I'm nervous about using the walkie, honestly.

4) How long should backstocking/stocking the floor take? Is it more important to management for me to organize shelves as I go or to get my job done?

5) I haven't been taught the process of taking something out of the back for a guest. Is this something I'm even allowed to do? If so, how do I do it?

6) Should I approach guests and ask if they need help if I am stocking on the sales floor?

7) Is there anything else I should know? Tips for backstocking or on the sales floor?

Thanks for any help.

All of those questions are answered here - just use the search function and read read read.

Ask questions to everyone in your store. Listen to your leader for direction. Stay positive, smile. Say hi to every guest. Stay busy, help others. Lots to learn, take it slow. You will get it.....eventually.

Definitely search the forums and ask your leaders for hands on demonstrations on how they want you to do things. Since your new you can get away with asking as many noob questions as you can think of. All of the things you asked are best learned by doing the actions in store to really get a feel for it and develop a routine. The best thing you can do is get past any jitters you have, ask questions and listen, and try to have fun learning the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back