Archived Too many duties ON?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious...

Recently with these AE cuts, our day side has shifted the job of zoning grocery to our overnight team. This usually wasn't the overnight team's job because of how we wrap up the night, every night. Which is really close and tight to 730.

We used to have "one day a week" where we'd zone, which would be when we had our largest team, but I can't remember the last time we've actually been able to zone. Either we're riddled with call ins, or we have a 2500+ truck, 1800+ pulls, 200+ repacks, with FDC showing up at 5am with a 250+ FRZN and 600+ DARY load.

Obviously I think different strategies need to be implemented in order for us to complete zone in grocery every night, but I'm curious how some of your guys's overnight processes run and if you do zone, how are you doing it. My store doesn't have the best of workers, which usually makes the work load fall onto those that do work harder and more efficiently, but I'm assuming this is at every store.

Is it too much for an overnight team? I think it's within our capabilities, but I'm just trying to think how...

at my first store 3years ago we zone green side of the store phar/hba chem market seasonal just as we pushed wasnt the best zobe but still better than day side....

our 4 am team zones chemis and paper. that's it. i think they should pick up more though. we have been struggling to get through the zone as is.

At one of my stores they scheduled 2 people solely to zone grocery for the entire shift. Worked out pretty well, except for when you had to stock around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back