Archived Tour of my store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
So there was a tour of my store where there was some lady (wearying targets clothes and had like a lanyard on) that I’ve never seen before ever giving some people in suits and dresses a tour of store? She was like telling them how the red phones work, what ‘mini seasonal’ is, showed them around the back room, etc. Is this like an ETL training program or something? There were two people showing them around and they definitely don’t work at my store.. everyone at my store seemed confused about who they were.

Could have been a tour for investors.
Possible, but all the people on the tour looked like they were fresh out of college. I’m also not sure why they would pick my store if it was something like that considering I’m over an hour away from Corp?

Business college/interns. See it a lot at my store.

Possible, but all the people on the tour looked like they were fresh out of college. I’m also not sure why they would pick my store if it was something like that considering I’m over an hour away from Corp?
they fact is you are driving time from Corp. Those were corp hires. They wouldn't take them through a nearby store because they would be recognized later on. My guess

On the subject of EITs I think this is a big part of the problem. Anyone who is being 'promoted' to ETL level or above should have at least worked a year in a store or DC. No questions. Poeple who don't understand the system break the system.

Poeple who don't understand the system break the system.

Unless there are parts of the "system" or "how we do things" that suck and if you don't put people into leadership occasionally that haven't been brainwashed you can persist crappy ways of doing things because nobody comes in and says "WTF, y'all?"

Unless there are parts of the "system" or "how we do things" that suck and if you don't put people into leadership occasionally that haven't been brainwashed you can persist crappy ways of doing things because nobody comes in and says "WTF, y'all?"
Sometimes breaking the system is needed. Sometimes it isn't.

Breaking the system is extreme. Tweaking the system, or adjusting attitudes or giving people new things to think about aren't earth-shattering, but can help keep things from stagnating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back