Archived Toy of the day struggles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've closed the last 4 days. I think I'm gonna just let the operator know that the toy of the day is sold out when I come in and find that, inevitably, there's none left, and ask my team lead if we can have opener flex them to an endcap or at guest services/electronics boat.

We can always flex them to that perpetually empty Hatchimals display, I suppose.

Yes let the operator and GS know, I say GS cause they get calls and walk up questions but doing that kills a lot of BS calls.

We do toy of the day no signs people who want it know what it is on a toy focal end cap. When its gone one of us who actually cares will announce its gone.

Why doesn't the operator ask what EVERY caller is looking for before transferring?...All to answer a call the damn operator could've answered by a 2 second search

As an operator, I usually ask, but I don't always have time to look into every single call, especially towards this time of year when there are sometimes 4 calls at once. If it's for toys and I know we're out of a few things (Hatchimal, TOTD, last year it was Pie Face, etc) I'll ask before I transfer and tell them if we're out of whatever it is. I don't always have time to be looking into someone's missing wallet, someone's bookshelf, another person's toy, and if we have a specific mg of a Cranberry supplement. Especially when they're all going on at once or while I'm looking for the cranky lady's sweater that she "can't remember the brand of, but it was black".

Most of the time someone will want something put on hold or have follow up questions and it's usually quicker if the person in that area takes care of it from the beginning. I will take any softlines call myself because I'm in softlines anyway and I take half of the guest service calls myself, but there is almost always someone closer to anything hardlines/market/electronics. I'd love to not have to bug other people to answer phone calls but I wouldn't have time to do the other stuff I have to do if I look up and answer every callers questions. If I finish all my stuff or it's a slow night, then it might be a different story. That rarely happens though. ;)

Ok good lol that's what i usually tell the people who call the store when i'm operator (first come first served basis) but I wanted to make sure haha.

Doesnt help that our store has (mostly) like no more than three of them in stock and sometimes none -.-

Anyone else Toy of the Day DPCI come up as Not on File? We started signing ours and came across this issue.

Today the deal was push and scoot riding toy. Checked the end caps in toys and couldn't find any on my lunch hour. Asked a fellow tm, who had a walkie and my device. He called the lod who said exceptions were being made because we had none in the store. I passed on the info to a guest who was looking for one. My final price after discounts was $8.50. Sweet!

Per redwire, no cartwheel signing allowed:(
Our STL wanted us to start signing ours as Thursday we had a guest who couldnt quite figure out specifically which toy it was. Personally I see nothing wrong with that as long as it's taken down at the end of the night.

We pull all of ours out of the home and have them at electronics. We use a 7 x 11 sign with cartwheel topper that specifies the toy and the offer number.
Our boat is junked up enough, lol. I like it though.

Operator: "Can I get someone to take a phone call in Domestics? It's on 2280"
tm: "Sure"

tm picks up phone, guest asks a question about coffee pots.

:sigh:

:head desk:

Kit App and Dom are NOT close in my store.

The ones I love is they just call out blue side or green side, and then the operator gets testy when you ask what department the call is for.
This is especially aggravating when we have seasonal outdoor furniture on the opposite end of the store as the year round indoor furniture.

The ones I love is they just call out blue side or green side, and then the operator gets testy when you ask what department the call is for.
This is especially aggravating when we have seasonal outdoor furniture on the opposite end of the store as the year round indoor furniture.

Yep, don't get testy. I am asking so we can help you! I get you don't know what department, what are they asking about? Widgets? Hey POG can you take that call, I know you are setting over there today. Or "I am right there, line 80? I will try to pick it up."

The Qixels that were the toy of the day were NOP at my store :confused:

We had some in the back, but they were mixed in with similar looking Qixels, totally screwing up our counts.

That was fun.

We keep the Cartwheel TOTD at the electronics boat. When the last unit sells, the electronics TM alerts the operator and front end so they can let guests know we're out of stock. On the rare occasion that we have a Hatchimal in stock, it goes to guest service.

Right? They might as well say "sales floor, you have a call on 2280."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back