Archived Toy of the day struggles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Anyone experiencing toy of the day struggles?

We haven't had large quantities of anything thats been 50% so far. Literally after 5 guests we are all out and the people who work normal hours are extremely upset. I know its 1 item per person and whomever gets the deal first but its causing a headache more than good. Then there's the soccer moms that think they can clear the shelves with what product we do have and then get extremely upset when we explain they can only buy one.

Anyone experiencing toy of the day struggles?

We haven't had large quantities of anything thats been 50% so far. Literally after 5 guests we are all out and the people who work normal hours are extremely upset. I know its 1 item per person and whomever gets the deal first but its causing a headache more than good. Then there's the soccer moms that think they can clear the shelves with what product we do have and then get extremely upset when we explain they can only buy one.
This is how target gets guests in the store , it is the old bait in switch for the technological era.
Once they are in the store they will buy something else instead at full price.

Although the initial directive from corporate was NOT to sign the item, my district has decided to sign it each day. We put on the sign all of the disclaimers: 1 per guest, quantities limited, no rain checks or substations, good only on the DPCI(s) listed, valid only on that date and in store only. At open, we only had 2 in stock for today's toy and absolutely none for tomorrow's toy.

Keeping track and dealing with other TMs putting the item on hold is the biggest issue here. I've closed the last couple days and I always come in to some still remaining. Downside is half of them are in the hold area. I put them back on the sales floor and prep for a potentially angry customer.

On the flip side, A guest never came in for the toy of the day on hold yesterday, so when a guest came around asking, I went and grabbed that last one for her, to which she said jokingly "I love you." So, ya know, the extreme emotions go both ways.

I loved how the Lego didn't come up 50% off. We pulled the remaining units off the floor & not on location.

We put all of the on-hands we have on a conspicuous front endcap in toys, and sign it. So far we've had stock at least until early afternoon each day.

No sign on the end cap, no holds all stock until the shelf is full(today was all of two) operator informed of numbers as we check many times during the day.

And when its empty we then research it to zero. The next day we correct numbers if one makes it way back to the home.

We only had 2 as well. Why why why Target? Thank god guests in my store don't seem to give a rat's A about the toy of the day. I could totally see how if they did we would have some problems. It was like this last year as well.

Today, the guest was so excited and kind. I was quite sad we didn't have the item for her, but at least she was okay with it.

We have a sign up at guest service that says " No need to transfer to toys if they looking for the following: hatchimals. Dont have any! Toy of the day. Ran out. Cards of humanity. Oh the humanity but still out. "

We have a sign up at guest service that says " No need to transfer to toys if they looking for the following: hatchimals. Dont have any! Toy of the day. Ran out. Cards of humanity. Oh the humanity but still out. "

Yep. I always get with the TM in Toys at the start of my shift and status on the hot toys. Saves us both a lot of grief.

Well the f'ing TMs didn't tell me that they kept it behind the boat. I came in 15mins before my 5.5hr shift hoping to get one but nothing on salesfloor. Since I worked Backroom I checked my PDA and saw we got two. I checked the back, thinking it's not located in the back. Nada. During my first 15min, checked the floor again, thinking its behind othe sets. Nothing again. I gave up after that, thinking the counts are off. After my shift, hanged around the break room for about 30mins. Something in the back of my head told me to check back in toys. Still nothing when I got there but the Electronics TM saw me lingering in the Lego aisle. Asked me if I was looking for the TOTD. I said I was but already sold out. He said No we're not. He then grabbed them in the back of the boat.

This is smart. My store is so dumb when it comes to phone calls.

Without fail the interaction is as follows:

Operator: "Electronics, you have a call"
Electronics: "Ok. Do you know what they want?"
O: "I don't"
E: "Could you find out?"
O: "*sigh* hang on"
-20 seconds later-
O: "They want to know if we have ____"
E: "We don't."

WHY is there not a set practice here? Why don't all operators have a mydevice to quickly look up whatever item a caller is looking for? Why doesn't the operator ask what EVERY caller is looking for before transferring? It just seems like such a huge waste of time to transfer people to sections of the store (especially to areas of the store where we don't have TMs all day. Market/Toys is fine, but transferring a call to domestics? Psh...no one is ever around!) ...but NO ONE can ever figure out how to answer the phones, so half the time the guest hangs up before the phone is answered. and then they call back again and it starts a vicious cycle. All to answer a call the damn operator could've answered by a 2 second search on a mydevice or PDA. Hell...even Target.com! (go to target.com, see if we have any. If we do, get the dpci, call backroom or the section of the store, read off the dpci, find out if we truly have any.)

[/rant] lol

This is smart. My store is so dumb when it comes to phone calls.

Without fail the interaction is as follows:

Operator: "Electronics, you have a call"
Electronics: "Ok. Do you know what they want?"
O: "I don't"
E: "Could you find out?"
O: "*sigh* hang on"
-20 seconds later-
O: "They want to know if we have ____"
E: "We don't."

WHY is there not a set practice here? Why don't all operators have a mydevice to quickly look up whatever item a caller is looking for? Why doesn't the operator ask what EVERY caller is looking for before transferring? It just seems like such a huge waste of time to transfer people to sections of the store (especially to areas of the store where we don't have TMs all day. Market/Toys is fine, but transferring a call to domestics? Psh...no one is ever around!) ...but NO ONE can ever figure out how to answer the phones, so half the time the guest hangs up before the phone is answered. and then they call back again and it starts a vicious cycle. All to answer a call the damn operator could've answered by a 2 second search on a mydevice or PDA. Hell...even Target.com! (go to target.com, see if we have any. If we do, get the dpci, call backroom or the section of the store, read off the dpci, find out if we truly have any.)

[/rant] lol

There would have to be enough working MyDevices to give them one. Simple be the guy/girl who finds out and writes a list for your operator and gives it to them. What I do every morning, find out what and how many we have, in my store electronics and toys are basically connected so the electronics person is in on "the know" and he/she will update operator when they find out toy of the day is gone.

I've closed the last 4 days. I think I'm gonna just let the operator know that the toy of the day is sold out when I come in and find that, inevitably, there's none left, and ask my team lead if we can have opener flex them to an endcap or at guest services/electronics boat.

We can always flex them to that perpetually empty Hatchimals display, I suppose.

We had someone come up to guest services with the toy of the day yesterday after she bought the toy and try to price match to target.com and get cartwheel..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back