Sales Floor Toys

Glad to see there was zero thought put into the schedule for toys today. Having over 700 one to one pulls with 3 people scheduled at 6. Really? And just one more person at 8am? Plus a truck? Past 9am, no pushing is getting done. Cashier backups, help pick opu's, etc.

So we have 4 people trying to push at noon. Impossible. Then, the seemingly brain dead hr ETL walks through and says we're getting a visit and that each person should have a uboat in the aisle pushing.

And I'm wondering if he even knows that these are still 1 to 1's and aren't divided by aisle at all?

Needless to say, it was a nightmare. My #1 priority is to help guests. It doesn't help guests to shove a uboat in an aisle when it's packed 6 feet tall. I'm in an aisle, and there are 9 people in the aisle with 4 carts. But sure, I'll just run them over with the uboat.

Get out of here with that bullshit.

Toys DBO here...I feel your pain. It was utter madness today. Esp. since they're forcing us to work from the backwall, and not the racetrack. So getting anywhere takes forever. I have toys backstocked in toys, and in Seasonal, and up our long hall passed the market back room, and the top of chem...Do they not factor in the fact that pushing takes 10 times longer with the amount of guests in our way? That having to climb the ladder to backstock anything adds to the time it takes to backstock...if you can even find anywhere to begin with...to backstock anything? O, and I made 2 bales today....and answered toy calls all day....and pulled lows for toy2....

Last edited:
We had 2.5 people in toys last night, I say that because I was partly in home too :confused:

Tonight’s goal is around $290k, so I’m expecting more of the same as last night.

My store has flats, two-tiers, carts, and pallets full of toys that have not been put out.

The back stock aisles are overflowing with boxes of merchandise on the ground. There are toys back stocked into aisles they shouldn't be and stacked so high to the ceiling that most people can't reach them all.

The aisles are empty. The ship team is having a hard time finding the toys that have been delivered by not put out.

So thankful I am an LV store. Our backroom toy aisles are manageable again and our 1for1s have never been more than 100 for each fillgroup. And we have a max of 3 people total each day in the dept.

Mini is where we are dying right now with freight in the back....

So thankful I am an LV store. Our backroom toy aisles are manageable again and our 1for1s have never been more than 100 for each fillgroup. And we have a max of 3 people total each day in the dept.

Mini is where we are dying right now with freight in the back....

We're LV too, but our Toy 141s and freight are still out of control. Seriously, the entire department is screwed. It's gonna be a rough reset in Jan.

And our Mini is under serviced, but we've started flexing at least. There are about 4 pallets of mini to work out with half of a valley in the back yet to purge. A week to go... we're gonna be lucky to get it out, only to throw it all away cause it didn't sell in less than a week.

I am the Toys DBO in my store. We were doing ok, barely staying afloat but we weren't drowning. Until this week. I feel like the DCs just decided to dump everything off to the stores now instead of earlier. Plus, with increase of guest traffic and hours, actually pushing the freight is almost impossible. By the time 141s get done the store is packed.

My backroom isn't too terrible as of now. We were able to keep it almost all sorted by fillgroup. But we keep coming in in the morning to leftover push or backstock from the night before. Challenging that takes most of the morning and then we are behind on Truck.

I am the Toys DBO in my store. We were doing ok, barely staying afloat but we weren't drowning. Until this week. I feel like the DCs just decided to dump everything off to the stores now instead of earlier. Plus, with increase of guest traffic and hours, actually pushing the freight is almost impossible. By the time 141s get done the store is packed.

My backroom isn't too terrible as of now. We were able to keep it almost all sorted by fillgroup. But we keep coming in in the morning to leftover push or backstock from the night before. Challenging that takes most of the morning and then we are behind on Truck.

It's entirely possible to push an entire truck at noon, that's what time our second truck got done being unloaded, according to people who NEVER DO IT. Of course it's easy to say. Shit, I can train a bird to say stupid shit.

Last edited:
Glad to see there was zero thought put into the schedule for toys today. Having over 700 one to one pulls with 3 people scheduled at 6. Really? And just one more person at 8am? Plus a truck? Past 9am, no pushing is getting done. Cashier backups, help pick opu's, etc.

So we have 4 people trying to push at noon. Impossible. Then, the seemingly brain dead hr ETL walks through and says we're getting a visit and that each person should have a uboat in the aisle pushing.

And I'm wondering if he even knows that these are still 1 to 1's and aren't divided by aisle at all?

Needless to say, it was a nightmare. My #1 priority is to help guests. It doesn't help guests to shove a uboat in an aisle when it's packed 6 feet tall. I'm in an aisle, and there are 9 people in the aisle with 4 carts. But sure, I'll just run them over with the uboat.

Get out of here with that bullshit.
This is daily for my store only one person pulling and 3 pushing .

Attachments

• 19387C8C-5D68-45DB-A5B4-5F7C760768D7.jpeg
    19387C8C-5D68-45DB-A5B4-5F7C760768D7.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 60
Someone pushed Jenga where transformers are supposed to go and Mouse Trap where Spider-Man is supposed to go. Wonderful.

Don’t worry, I blacked out the store # on the label strips.

Attachments

• 9C3D2A80-603B-4071-B176-8AFF7E8715DA.jpeg
    9C3D2A80-603B-4071-B176-8AFF7E8715DA.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DE9F6475-782D-4260-9BCF-27525DBB9B53.jpeg
    DE9F6475-782D-4260-9BCF-27525DBB9B53.jpeg
    683.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This is daily for my store only one person pulling and 3 pushing .

Is that all 3 fillgroups combined or just one?

Someone pushed Jenga where transformers are supposed to go and Mouse Trap where Spider-Man is supposed to go. Wonderful.

Oh, hell no!! Bad, bad, bad. 🚫👎🙅🏻‍♀️

Don’t worry, I blacked out the store # on the label strips.
And by the way, their excuse was “toys is flex now”.

Ok, even if I grant you that, you can’t just drop toys wherever you want and just leave them there without doing anything else. If they’re 2 similar board games with the same price, no big deal. But if they’re completely different products with very different prices, print labels! There’s a difference between lazy flexing and proper flexing. Utilize the unmarked overhead shelves, be creative with endcaps. And again, PRINT LABELS!

And by the way, their excuse was “toys is flex now”.

Ok, even if I grant you that, you can’t just drop toys wherever you want and just leave them there without doing anything else. If they’re 2 similar board games with the same price, no big deal. But if they’re completely different products with very different prices, print labels! There’s a difference between lazy flexing and proper flexing. Utilize the unmarked overhead shelves, be creative with endcaps. And again, PRINT LABELS!

Exactly all this. You are only supposed to flex WITHIN the aisle not wherever you please.

I have been in toys for the last couple weeks. We are a very high volume store. I absolutely hate flexing. You end up with backstock when the home toy is found. On top of all the pallets and pallets of toys to push you still have all the reshop. Came in the one day and there were about 15 shopping carts full of just toy reshop.

It's really hard to understand my SD. On one hand, they don't schedule near enough people to do reshop, pull 141's, push, backstock, push the truck, and backstock. Then on the other hand, he says we need to be aggressive filling outs. Well damn, we have to finish pushing before we know if it's out. That's pretty basic.

How is everyone's Toy department looking now? Mine is a mess. But I'm oddly excited for it all to go clearance Thursday. Hopefully nothing will be left.

How is everyone's Toy department looking now? Mine is a mess. But I'm oddly excited for it all to go clearance Thursday. Hopefully nothing will be left.

We pulled and flexed all the d-code out last weekend and a lot of it has sold. So we'll have less to markdown which is awesome and we'll have plenty of space to flex out new items before the transition.

Back