Archived Trailer Load Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
professor-farnsworth.jpg

Starting in March, all trailers are getting load bars put in before it's shipped to the store. I'm sure everyone who's ever gotten a swing-door trailer is rejoicing.

The trailers can be traveling up to 6-700 miles to get to it's destination, up and down hills, dealing with traffic and going over bumps, all of which have a tendency to make the contents of the trailer move about, especially if it was closed at less than 100% capacity. The load bars limit the last walls movement and limits the damage caused by such movement.

The trailers can be traveling up to 6-700 miles to get to it's destination, up and down hills, dealing with traffic and going over bumps, all of which have a tendency to make the contents of the trailer move about, especially if it was closed at less than 100% capacity. The load bars limit the last walls movement and limits the damage caused by such movement.
So does that mean no more shatterd tv's and mirrors.

So it's gonna stop the pallet of cat litter that was put on top of the pallet of water from dumping and leaning against the trailer door?

Because that's almost a weekly occurrence at my store.

So it's gonna stop the pallet of cat litter that was put on top of the pallet of water from dumping and leaning against the trailer door?

Because that's almost a weekly occurrence at my store.
That's something to use your trailer feedback forms for, cause unless it's something really light, like paper towels, nothing is supposed to be stacked on top of water.

That's something to use your trailer feedback forms for, cause unless it's something really light, like paper towels, nothing is supposed to be stacked on top of water.
We probably aren't filling out the feedback forms as much as we need to, but I know we've brought it up many times.

Other issues have been loose pallets of furniture balanced ontop of other pallets. Usually see stuff like that around 4th quarter when I assume seasonals are loading trailers.

We have had these for 6 months or more and they don't make much of a difference. They only hold the boxes where the bars are and nothing else.

We have had these for 6 months or more and they don't make much of a difference. They only hold the boxes where the bars are and nothing else.
I heard the had several pilot stores/DCs test-bedding this, and word from corporate was it was a smashing success (don't they always, though). The way I see it though is if we are able to save even just a few more boxes off of every truck, that's more profit, fuller shelves, and (cross my fingers) more payroll. I think they're also rolling this out cause this year's big kick that corporate is coming down on in the DC is unsaleables and reducing them.

FDC has plastic walls and straps and we still get sideways pallets and white trailer floors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back