Trainer question

What process/who should I go to if I feel I am not being properly onboarded/ramped up as a trainer?

I was made a trainer beginning of the year and we have been seeing a steady flow of new hires My guess is around 15-16. There were four other TM's brought on with me as trainers. Out of the five of us, I am the most senior TM. The OM's have it broken down to where we all are working to our strengths. I was told we would be trained in all core functions in the department so we could do it all. Ever since then, I have not been trained in the paperwork aspect of the job, or PIT. I've trained a total of two people in ART and two on the symbol The two symbol people had the experience, but it was the bare minimum. I expressed to the training OM my concerns but they never circled back to me as they said they would. I kind of figure with all the NHO we've been having they've been busy.

I am concerned because I was made aware last night that they are bringing more new trainers on and I know that at least two of us are not completely ramped up. I am also concerned because one of the two OM's is allowing our newest PIT trainer to train without shadowing or being shadowed by the current PIT trainer. I'm at a loss because it seems like every time I say something to the OM it falls on deaf ears. Said OM has also been using TM's who are under 90 days to train. Mind you I have trained on the symbol I am just not being used.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m not a trainer to know the details of what you don’t know yet, but you may have better luck if you take it upon yourself. The training OM should be the person you go to but if they’re not listening then there’s not much you can do otherwise.
The next time you’re aware that a trainer is going to be doing a task that you don’t know and feel you should, ask them if they can show you how it’s done. Just make sure your personal OM is aware that you’re doing it.

I’m not a trainer to know the details of what you don’t know yet, but you may have better luck if you take it upon yourself. The training OM should be the person you go to but if they’re not listening then there’s not much you can do otherwise.
The next time you’re aware that a trainer is going to be doing a task that you don’t know and feel you should, ask them if they can show you how it’s done. Just make sure your personal OM is aware that you’re doing it.
Long story short, one of my two OM's who I report to for IB is basically not providing me proper onboarding. I have spoken to the trainer OM and just haven't had a chance to follow up. The IB OM is not following the proper process. They are also the ones staffing new hires with non-trainer OM's who are under ninety days. The other OM in my department is doing their best but they leave the other OM to this.

If you don't know how to print out playbooks ask someone who can to print out one of each. Everything is a basically a 3 or 4 step process and if you understand how most of your department works you should be able to figure everything out from them. Strike up a conversation with another departments trainer and see how the training is going with them. Maybe they can show you a thing or two on the computer some day. It's weird you guys have so many trainers... The OM and SOM must really like you guys to sign their name son the trainer request forms. Most of last year we didn't have a trainer on our shift the guy was actually working OT 3 days on ours shift and 2 on his since his shift has multiple trainers. Our trainers mainly quit and it's because they try and make them the go to person. Any issue go to your trainer.

At my DC to print playbooks you log into a computer usually one in the computer room. Open up chrome and it takes you to whatever the local target page is and theirs an icon\link at the top left for our stores SharePoint which is where all the playbooks and other DC shared items are located. From there you get to have fun choosing which printer to print it out on and then actually finding where that printer is.

You're not certified on PIT or you don't know how to certify someone? I was "trained" on an OP which was basically just the trainer seeing I could drive straight and wasn't scared to go up. On an RC I was just told don't hit anything same with the tugger. Reach truck I just had to show I could down stack some pallets using the extend\retract then sent on my own. The triple and double pallet riders the trainer told me they were certifying me on those 2 that I just need practice on them when I get the time. The only time they care about something going by the book is when they want to quickly get rid of someone or if something goes wrong.

It's a mess right now. Stimulus money. Extra unemployment money. P-EBT. All of us taking long vacations because of all the hours gained from working all that OT. They want bodies to keep the stores stocked. Warehouse upgrades. Just got to roll with it.

The number of trainers that you have makes it seem like they have no intention of having trainers that focus on the whole department, but just on particular tasks. That is way too many people to have focused on the whole department.

If you don't know how to print out playbooks ask someone who can to print out one of each. Everything is a basically a 3 or 4 step process and if you understand how most of your department works you should be able to figure everything out from them. Strike up a conversation with another departments trainer and see how the training is going with them. Maybe they can show you a thing or two on the computer some day. It's weird you guys have so many trainers... The OM and SOM must really like you guys to sign their name son the trainer request forms. Most of last year we didn't have a trainer on our shift the guy was actually working OT 3 days on ours shift and 2 on his since his shift has multiple trainers. Our trainers mainly quit and it's because they try and make them the go to person. Any issue go to your trainer.

At my DC to print playbooks you log into a computer usually one in the computer room. Open up chrome and it takes you to whatever the local target page is and theirs an icon\link at the top left for our stores SharePoint which is where all the playbooks and other DC shared items are located. From there you get to have fun choosing which printer to print it out on and then actually finding where that printer is.

You're not certified on PIT or you don't know how to certify someone? I was "trained" on an OP which was basically just the trainer seeing I could drive straight and wasn't scared to go up. On an RC I was just told don't hit anything same with the tugger. Reach truck I just had to show I could down stack some pallets using the extend\retract then sent on my own. The triple and double pallet riders the trainer told me they were certifying me on those 2 that I just need practice on them when I get the time. The only time they care about something going by the book is when they want to quickly get rid of someone or if something goes wrong.

It's a mess right now. Stimulus money. Extra unemployment money. P-EBT. All of us taking long vacations because of all the hours gained from working all that OT. They want bodies to keep the stores stocked. Warehouse upgrades. Just got to roll with it.
I am fully trained on all of the PIT in the department. I was told that I would be able to train people on PIT by the training OM. OM's had just been telling me I was going to be able to train in all functions
The number of trainers that you have makes it seem like they have no intention of having trainers that focus on the whole department, but just on particular tasks. That is way too many people to have focused on the whole department.
Yeah, that's what I was initially told, but then they had me jumping from training in ART to training people on the symbol. The number of trainers keeps being increased.

Yeah, that's what I was initially told, but then they had me jumping from training in ART to training people on the symbol. The number of trainers keeps being increased.
They do sort of the same thing at my DC, but they don’t call them trainers, they’re “mentors” or something like that. A true “trainer” should be able to train from start to finish.
A “mentor” is someone who can be trusted to show someone who’s relatively new a particular task when trainers are busy, but can’t train on equipment.

They do sort of the same thing at my DC, but they don’t call them trainers, they’re “mentors” or something like that. A true “trainer” should be able to train from start to finish.
A “mentor” is someone who can be trusted to show someone who’s relatively new a particular task when trainers are busy, but can’t train on equipment.

This. I was going to ask. Are all these people actually going to the trainer2trainer class or just being told they're trainers.

This. I was going to ask. Are all these people actually going to the trainer2trainer class or just being told they're trainer
These people are just being put in I'm guessing as mentors, but are being asked to become trainers As far as train the trainer's classes, The person who was selected to start training tms on PIT was given access to the system so they can put the TM's badges in so they have access but they have never shadowed the trainer or been shadowed by the trainer. They also still have to be trained on one piece of PIT. I am fully trained, I just need a little more practice before the trainer could certify me (They were pulled to ART). I was then told by the trainer they were going to certify the new trainer first then the new trainer would cert me.

For clarification, I am a trainer, which has been confirmed by the OM's as I go to the trainer meetings.

Back