Archived Training not very thorough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the only person in my store who knows how to use the new receiving app. I am taking Friday and Monday off and still my lead has not come to me to train someone. It is his job, not mine. I hope Friday and Monday works out for them. To be honest, I was not trained on the app. I trained myself. Never once did my team lead or any lead in the store for that matter. come to me and tell me it is changing! Gotta love spot!
Our receiver regularly checks redwire for anything logistics related, so he caught it ahead of time and was able to figure it out.

The backup receiver did NOT know that it had changed but was able to figure it out pretty quickly. It's not too hard if you already were familiar with the old process. It just takes more patience and a properly calibrated screen.

You'd think they would want another person that's knows how to answer the phone. It would be helpful in the long-run to have another person that knows how to do that.

The person I was talking about told me and another person that she just actively avoid answering the phone for six months and just never asked for help.

I didn't mean to imply that if someone asks a question after working for a longer period should be embarrassed or shouldn't ask a question after a certain period of time. But I think it is better to ask earlier and hopefully someone will be nice enough to answer. I apologize if it came off that way.

Oh no, I wasn't offended. It was awkward not knowing, but no one wanted to show me and it did get to the point where I didn't want to ask. I do know how to answer the phones now, it just took me switching to a different store. Now when I train new people though I make sure that's one of the first things they learn and I make sure they know that I won't judge them for asking questions later.

I'm in soft lines too and training was pretty spotty for me, too. Honestly I didn't really realize that zoning racks was expected of everyone until after a few months because I was always trained when it was the person training me and me that were the only closers so she told me to pick everything up off the floor and fold tables. I didn't realize that there were men's hangers that were different from the women's until a few months, too mostly because I was almost never put in men's and no one ever told me lol. What I'm trying to say is ask for help because they know you're newish and you're not gonna know everything just make sure that you find someone nice to ask and don't worry so much.

Haha. My first day on the floor to train they left me as the Operator alone for like 4 hours... it was interesting.

Exactly what kartman said. Just learn to swim. It will come to you. No need to panic.

Our receiver regularly checks redwire for anything logistics related, so he caught it ahead of time and was able to figure it out.

The backup receiver did NOT know that it had changed but was able to figure it out pretty quickly. It's not too hard if you already were familiar with the old process. It just takes more patience and a properly calibrated screen.
Exactly, if it wasn't for Redwire, I would have been fucked! I think my back up may pick it up quickly, but I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

A few years ago, I was asked to cover receiving for four months because the regular receiving TM was going out with some major surgery. Awesome! Great! I've always wanted to learn receiving. The training I received was only four hours worth on the Friday before I was due to take over alone three days later on Monday.

Training is nonexistent. I'm surprised they don't just say, "Smile and wave, boys."

A few years ago, I was asked to cover receiving for four months because the regular receiving TM was going out with some major surgery. Awesome! Great! I've always wanted to learn receiving. The training I received was only four hours worth on the Friday before I was due to take over alone three days later on Monday.

Training is nonexistent. I'm surprised they don't just say, "Smile and wave, boys."

If it makes you feel any better, back when I became an ETL-Log I got about the same amount of training to oversee all of log (including receiving) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back