Archived Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, I’ve been with Target for 6 years now and my work center is Guest Service.

Recently, I’ve been feeling burnt out with staffing issues, Black Friday craziness and just being in the same area for about 4 years now.

I’ve been interested in getting trained on Flexible Fulfilment just because it’s one area I haven’t been trained on and I thrive on doing tasks and things like that.

I’ve been at Target for a while, but what is the most efficient way of asking for training for that area and how often should I check up on asking. I’ve heard how they’re always looking for people to get more hours for that area because it’s so busy, but not sure if training would be possible during this time of year?

Like I said, I like Guest Service, but I just feel like for my own sake I need a little bit of relief or variety!

It’s very straight forward and simple for flex! Ask as soon as possible because you will learn everything very quickly! It doesn’t even take 1 week to know everything it’s probally one of the easiest positions to learn and get it right away.

The problem with being only GS is that now is probably not a great time to crosstrain because you are needed over there. I'm lucky bc I crosstrained after the holidays so now I can go wherever is needed. Plus they seem to be training everyone and their brother at GS now (big mistake IMO) so they have plenty of TMs to pick from. I don't know how it is at your store though. It is honestly such a nice thing to leave GS every now and then.

Just ask HR or the ETL-GE if you can learn other work centers. Maybe put a bug in their ear every week or so right before they make the schedule. Flexible Fulfillment isn't difficult but the intense need for it dies in about a month. Crosstraining somewhere else would give you more options down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back