Archived Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to somewhat enjoy training new people, but I'm dreading it tomorrow. I'm over it. Poor new dude is going to be bombarded with my quick run though, I don't have the time for this, or faith that he will even last long enough for me to bother!

Anyone have anything fun they do to encourage new peeps or tips for being a great trainer?

Anyone have anything fun they do to encourage new peeps or tips for being a great trainer?

The one thing I try to think of when I'm training, is that the more they understand what they're doing, and the more I can set them up for success, the easier my job will be down the line.

Teach a man to fish, and he can feed himself for a lifetime.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it "set them up for success", in the long run there is no success at Target pretty much ever.

complete your learning plan & ask questions for level of understanding to your trainer. you should be ok after that.

Train them good enough, and most likely they will stay longer then you expected.

During my last month at Target, during our remodel, I was asked to train one of the electronics guys in the backroom, because I guess he was going to help out now and then back there( no, he wasn't replacing me, I had met my replacement, who was actually hired and started working while I was still there! lol). So the TL for electronics, said hey, can you train my buddy (we will call him Jimmy), we have about an hour of free time. Well at this time I don't happen to have an hour of free time, because it is 2:55 and the 3's are going to drop soon. But I basically said "just follow my lead for these things, I will explain as I go". So took him through the CAF process and how things are backstocked and what the baler is used for. By that time it had been an hour and the electornics had the TL to say "so did you get Jimmy all backroom trained?" to which I replied "surrrrrrreeeeeee". Excuse me, but there is no way in hell you can get someone backroom trained in an hour or even in one day for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back