Training

I started target 3 days ago. I did all the training videos and reading all day my first day and 2.5 hrs my second day. None of these training videos included how to actually run the register. They had me shadow someone for 20 mins before they watched me ring for like 30 mins then was told you're doing good and I was on my own the rest of my shift. Today being day 3 I was on my own my whole shift and I'm lost at how to do anything besides a very basic transaction. Is it normal to have no training? I feel like I've been thrown to the wolves. Granted I've cashiered before but someone else that has a completely different system.

It is normal to feel that you have had no training. Don't hesitate to flip on that flashing light if there is anything that you aren't confident about. If you have time between guests, play with the register a little to find out what is there and if you have a question about any of it, ask. Make the register your own: When you start your shift, set it up in a way that works best with your "style" of cashiering. Your lead really does want you to succeed and to feel successful and skilled, so never feel foolish or not confident about asking questions.

Back