Archived Transfer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. New member here. I worked for Target for one year and five months. I gave my two weeks notice. I moved to another state to help my best friend who was in a serious car accident. I then had my HRETL put in a transfer request to the target near my friend in the same dept I had worked in and yes there was an open position. Multiple calls and emails went unanswered. When I arrived at the requested location I visited the store and spoke to the HR assistant and they took my info and said they would be in contact in two days. Nothing ! I then went into the store and asked to speak to the HRETL. She came out to me and said “that position has been filled” The position on Target.com was still open until a few days before my visit. Never had a write-up, only two punch corrections, always on time. Only called out a few times. It’s been two months and I am back home. I’m not sure I want to go back to my old Target but have two others to choose from.
Would I have to reapply or could I just speak with HRETL and see if I can bypass that. Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone. New member here. I worked for Target for one year and five months. I gave my two weeks notice. I moved to another state to help my best friend who was in a serious car accident. I then had my HRETL put in a transfer request to the target near my friend in the same dept I had worked in and yes there was an open position. Multiple calls and emails went unanswered. When I arrived at the requested location I visited the store and spoke to the HR assistant and they took my info and said they would be in contact in two days. Nothing ! I then went into the store and asked to speak to the HRETL. She came out to me and said “that position has been filled” The position on Target.com was still open until a few days before my visit. Never had a write-up, only two punch corrections, always on time. Only called out a few times. It’s been two months and I am back home. I’m not sure I want to go back to my old Target but have two others to choose from.
Would I have to reapply or could I just speak with HRETL and see if I can bypass that. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like they didn't want you so the HR was being a bitch about it. I'd check out other Targets and if not just get another job.

Welcome to TBR. Don’t know if Target is the most unorganized company on earth, has the worst communication, or just the most 🐓💩, but they are masters at screwing up transfers. You’ve been gone for over 60 days, so if you want to try to come back to Spot, you should be eligible to reapply. Spot isn’t the greatest place to work, especially hours-wise, but if you want to give it another chance, that’s up to you, at least you know what to expect. Good luck either way.

If you left less than 90 days ago you can be reinstated. It’s a lot easier (from an HR perspective) than a new hire-rehire. If you decide to try a different job on and see if it fits better that’s probably a good idea. You know stores will be hiring like crazy for seasonal and seeing someone they won’t have to train will be a positive.

As far as seeing an open position at the store you wanted to go to..

All stores now have openrequisitions” for food/gm, specialty, and guest advocate. Doesn’t mean we always have an opening, just means corporate decided to go this way to keep a steady applicant flow. I know it sucks to feel hopeful and then have it all fall apart and I’m truly sorry for that. I hope your friend has recovered and is doing well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back