Archived Transfer...making almost same as new hires?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started at Target 10/2015 as a backroom TM, promoted to BR Team Lead 3/16. Couldn't stand the BS from the HORRIBLE ETL's, so demoted 10/16 and had to transfer. Overheard HR on the phone setting up interviews, and that the staring pay was $11/hour...I make $11.16!!!! Was at $14.66 the lost the $3.50 for demotion, but really, shouldn't I be making more than that over new hires??

Did minimum wage raise in your state? This commonly happens in January. Unfortunately base pay increases sometimes typically wipe out merit based raises.

Our TMs are getting a dollar raise on their next check. See what your pay on this Fridays check in.

Last edited:
It might depend on the cost of living in your state. I don't think it really has to do with "old" vs. "new"

I was in a similar situation. Had worked there for three years and my store increased wages for new hires. I was talking to a new hire and found out they were making almost a dollar more than me yet couldn't do even half of the stuff I was able to. I talked to my ETL about it, who talked to HR, and they were able to increase what I was making to take into account the fact that I was vital to the team. Might be worth a shot for you.

I was in a similar situation. Had worked there for three years and my store increased wages for new hires. I was talking to a new hire and found out they were making almost a dollar more than me yet couldn't do even half of the stuff I was able to. I talked to my ETL about it, who talked to HR, and they were able to increase what I was making to take into account the fact that I was vital to the team. Might be worth a shot for you.

Were they in the same position as you? This is a myth that bothers me. Unless they negotiated a higher price when hired if the base pay for new hires is raised its also raised for existing team members.

I doubt he made a dollar more than you for the same position. Target doesnt work like that

Last edited:
Transfers and new people usually make the same as you if your a TM? I'm stuck at base pay, I thought that's he same for all TMs?
I've been with target for a year almost, I was told a fellow team member in consumables got a 16c raise at his three month review (I've never got a TM review with my TL)

Were they in the same position as you? This is a myth that bothers me. Unless they negotiated a higher price when hired if the base pay for new hires is raised its also raised for existing team members.

I doubt he made a dollar more than you for the same position. Target doesnt work like that

Yep, they were in the same position. I worked with them on the unload, worked aisles of freight, everything. We had the exact same job and were under the same workcenter. Maybe that's why I was able to get a raise. I definitely hadn't gotten anything before that so HR was quick to correct it.

Sometimes they authorize higher pay for seasonal hires. Every once in awhile they increase our base to match before we get wind of getting screwed over.

Did minimum wage raise in your state? This commonly happens in January. Unfortunately base pay increases sometimes typically wipe out merit based raises.

Our TMs are getting a dollar raise on their next check. See what your pay on this Fridays check in.

I don't like the fact that a raise in minimum wage wipes out merit increases. IMHO, they should be adding all merit increases on top of the increased base pay. For example, if minimum wage is $8 and I make $9.5 due to merit increases - when minimum wage rises to $10, I should then be making $11.5.... it's like every time the minimum wage increases you lose every penny you've gained over the top.

I don't like the fact that a raise in minimum wage wipes out merit increases. IMHO, they should be adding all merit increases on top of the increased base pay. For example, if minimum wage is $8 and I make $9.5 due to merit increases - when minimum wage rises to $10, I should then be making $11.5.... it's like every time the minimum wage increases you lose every penny you've gained over the top.

Agreed, that part is bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back