Archived Transfer out or change work centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
A few weeks ago our store did a TL re-alignment. The front end ended up with the TL who's the biggest problem. This TL doesn't want to be a GSTL. She doesn't like the front end.....in fact, this TL was a GSTL for awhile (at least several months). This TL left the front end because she didn't like being a GSTL in the first place, so why this TL has been put up front I will never know.

I do not think that I can work with this GSTL for very long. In fact I already dread going to work on days that this GSTL is there. I'm tired of being treated like I"m some sort of idiot....especially since I've been a cashier longer than this GSTL has been with our store!

I know that our other GSTL talked with our GE ETL about issues with this returning GSTL. I know that there ore other TMs who've had issues with this TL...that's why she's been moved to our area. Personally I've had my own issues with this TL as she's been in other positions in this store.

I'm wondering what I should do about this. I'm considering two options here. What would be the best thing to do.....see if I can move to a different area of the store (I've worked Softlines & Hardlines so training in a new area isn't an issue) or ask about a transfer to another store?

Oh...our GE ETL quit this past week.....so going to her isn't an option.

Our HR ETL has said that we need to give this GSTL time to settle-in....and then things should be better.

Thoughts? Ideas?
:help:

One TM who worked with TL i n the back room said that he figured that they were bringing her up front to help her find the front door!

Our scores have been pretty good before this TL came. We've been getting RC like crazy....top 5 in our group of 78 stores. Speed is Green about 90%. Our surveys have come out Green as well. So, she wasn't brought up to help/get us green.

There are a few of us at the store who remember what this GSTL was like when she was up front before. In fact, our one LOD said that she's had a couple of conversations with this GSTL about coming up front and the LOD said that she "thinks" that things will go well.

In some ways we'll have to wait it out...but I'm not sure that I can.

Wait it out, if they are that bad, they will be out the door, or moved to a different department...of which you could then be under them again!

I know how hard it is to work under a GSA who treats you like an idiot. Just smile and nod, because in the end, it's their issue, not yours.

Thank-you all for your support and your comments.

Today I worked w/ the GSTL that I spoke about. It was a rough day and it is difficult to be patient. This afternoon our HR-ETL came up to the front lanes and asked me how things were going....I told her OK....if only you stretch the answer. She asked me what was was going on and I told her about my encounters with the GSTL today. HR-ETL was very patient and listened to my concerns. I felt that she was, at least, hearing what I had to say.

Anyway, the HR-ETL said that yesterday (meaning Tuesday) that there had been a meeting about the front end with the team and expectations. She said that issues had been addressed. So things should get better.

HR-ETL did say that some of what I had mentioned were things that she wasn't aware of. She told me that we can get together if more issues arise.

The most important thing that she told me was not to take things personally. (I'll try!)

Six more days and then I'm off with some vacation days....can't wait!!

Oh, HR-ETL asked me what I thought of the new "vibe" thing. Well, as cashier we haven't been told very much.....however, based on comments from others here I did say that it was really just the same as before, but with a little twist (all the different cards). She was OK with the answer. So glad that I've been able to read up on here about "Vibe."

Sure pays to be here in TBR!

YYeess!! II''mm lloossiinngg iitt!

Don't know what I did to post twice.....do I get a prize for doing it? (anything but a vibe card, please!!)

Hello breakroom friends!

Had an interesting shift with my one GSTL today. I picked up a shift 11:30-5:30 at GS. When I picked-up the shift my clerical HR just wanted to remind me that the shift I picked-up was a six hour shift (shift was scheduled for a TM who is a minor) and I had to take lunch. I had figured that I would take a lunch since it was 6 hours. At our store we've continued to have compliance issues, so to avoid this problem they only schedule 6 hour shifts for minors because of the time frame of the shift and when they have to take lunch.

Anyway, I go to work and the GSTL tells me that she's made some changes and has scheduled me to cashier. Not too happy, but no big deal. So I go over to check out the sheet that tells us what register to go on and when breaks and lunches are scheduled. I look at the sheet and she has me down for a break. I called her over to let her know that I also get a lunch. She tells me that I don't have to take a lunch as long as I'm out before 6 hours. She asked me what time I clocked in and then told me that she could make sure that I was out on time. We have a discussion and she tells me that by taking a lunch I am losing a half hour of pay. I told her that I wasn't losing any time since I don't get paid for eating lunch. She said that it was up to me...if I wanted to take a lunch. I told her that I wanted to take a lunch. She says OK, but it will be a little while before she gets back to me (on the scheduled break & lunch) since she's now got to re-arrange the schedule. She gets back to me later and has changed the break time and has scheduled me for lunch.

I was bothered today because the GSTL had changed my work center. I mean, if I had wanted another cashier shift I would have signed-up for a cashier shift. However, I hadn't signed-up for cashier, I'd signed-up for GS. It would have been nice for the GSTL to ASK me about changing me to cashier instead of GS, but she didn't. Then she's the Team Lead and she's arguing with me about taking a lunch.

About three years ago I got caught on a compliance issue and at that time I was told that if I was scheduled for six hours to automatically take a lunch. Since that time I have always taken a lunch. Since we've (our store) continued to have compliance issues I'd think that all TLs would be aware of the importance of getting a lunch and not racing against the clock so that you don't go into compliance.

Now one other small piece of information to share....when I had arrived at work and clocked in our STL was in TSC and was happy to see me because in my last couple of days of working I've gotten six RC applications.....STL said to partner up with the GSTL because they were having some great prizes for people getting RC applications. I told the STL that I wouldn't be on cash register because I had a GS shift. Anyway, when I went to the front end (to cashier as I soon discovered) the GSTL said NOTHING about any prizes for RCs.

Oh, speaking of compliance issues....today the GSTL took her lunch. When she went she had TL from Food Ave watch the lanes. Something must have delayed the GSTL because the TL from Food Ave came over to me and told me that she had to go for her lunch or else she was about to have a compliance issue. TL went to her lunch. GSTL must have returned from lunch, but I didn't see her for awhile.

Never thought about that....sure could make for an interesting conversation....

GSTL is still a TM....darn!

On my break the other day I had a flow TM mention that our GSTL was almost beginning to seem nice....sometimes. Seems to me that this GSTL has changed a bit. I'm guessing that she's had a few meetings with TLs or LODs or HR. She's not as nasty as she was and she's stopped asking us to dust the pop machines every day. She's still supervising us on getting things cleaned up and totally organized.....like making sure that coupon paper, register tape and handles are available at all check lanes. We're not supposed to have any gift card envelopes in our drawers, since there's "no reason to have them there."

She's relaxed a bit on the break/lunch schedule as she sees that we can't always leave at our exact scheduled times. While this is just a small change, it sure is an important one.

Instead of being a 100% control freak, she's given up a little bit of that control.....maybe down to 97%. Hopefully what I'm seeing is true, and not just me hoping that she's better.

I talked with our AP guy and mentioned to him about how this GSTL is still having us use "999"s on items, even if we do have a price. I'm uncomfortable with this as a pricing solution. AP says that he'll be meeting with her to try to clear up some issues....so it is good to see that they are paying attention to things and hopefully helping to make things better and less stressful up front.

Well, I'm taking it one day at a time because her GSTL shifts and my cashier shifts seem to overlap quite a bit!

Here's an update.....GSTL is still here. Still no GE ETL.....last info on GE ETL had a starting date of January and that fell through. Now we're being told that the GE ETL is now in training and is supposed to start early March.

There have been several TMs and a GSA who've talked with HR ETL about this GSTL. One of our GSAs transferred out to be a TL on Plano.....seems she's had trouble with the GSTL. So, there's clearly people who remain unhappy with this GSTL. I'm wondering if they'll do anything about her.

Oh, have had two cashiers tell me that they're looking elsewhere for work...can't stand GSTL. I've mentioned to HR ETL that I'm interested in going to another store. HR said that if I want to go then we'll arrange it, but HR asked me to give this a little more time as they are "working" on solving the issues with the GSTL.

I've started browsing the internet for possible jobs. I'm seeing some possibilities. I've got to update my resume, but haven't done it yet. I'm getting to the point of not even liking going to work...so I'm thinking that it is time for me to get myself ready to move on.

Last edited:
It really does suck to work with a TL that you don't care for or just don't "click" with. One small piece of advice to you. You really don't know why this TL is at the front lanes now unless she or the ETL group has told you. The rest is simply speculation. There are a million reasons she could be up front. If your ETL HR stated that they are working on "solving the issues with this GSTL" I would be worried. She can tell you that she will address your concerns but she must remain completely neutral. Also I mean no offense but it sounds like you are spending a lot of time discussing the particular TL with a whole lot of people. You have every right to go to a leader in the building to discuss your concerns. It sounds like its getting really close to gossiping

I understand your comments about this getting close to gossiping. I am an individual who people trust. I've trained a good number of them and continue to have a positive relationship with many of them.

Regarding sharing my concerns....I've not only talked with HR, but spent time talking to our STL. I am being as proactive as I can be. I have numerous personal examples of this GSTL treating me like a three year old. I've had guests see how she has treated me. They have been sympathetic with the particular situation that they have been witness to.

While there are a great number of examples that I could share with ETL HR, I have been careful when sharing those examples. Every example I mention I have a specific situation to back it up. I don't just go off willy-nilly...I know how that sort of thing can come back to bite you in the behind.

I don't like this GSTL. I never have.....but there are lots of others who don't like her either. Not that this justifies my dislike of her, but it does add some credence to what I'm saying.

When you mention that I should be worried about them "solving the issues with this GSTL" I am not sure what you are trying to say. Are you thinking that it might be my job on the line? It is entirely possible, (and anything is possible with Spot) but I doubt it.

I'm guessing that my comments are going to seem pretty self-centered or as a nasty reply to "tellmeaboutatime". They aren't meant to be. I think that it's just that I'm stuck with this situation and I am becoming very weary of it all. I also realize that I'm probably missing the point that you are trying to make.

I just ask that you be patient with me.

Thanks.

I was in a very similar situation with my TL at the time. Everyone was aware of the problem, but to me they didn't seem to be doing anything about it. I was wrong. I was offered a lateral move to a position I love and that TL no longer works here. It took a VERY long time to come about though..almost a year. Hang in there.

The HR ETL must remain neutral at all times. They are to be available to all team members without divulging any information to anyone. She can say she is addressing your concerns but "solving the issues with this GSTL" is agreeing with you that there is a problem. She is not remaining neutral.All coaching is strictly confidential. Like I said I have been in your shoes with a GSTL at one time. We even had people switch their availability so they wouldn't work with her. It can drain every last bit of FF&F out of you. But she brought in the metrics so she was, as we all felt, untouchable. I didn't think your reply was nasty at all. I have been the target ( no pun intended) of gossip when I switched departments so I can see both sides. Some of it was how they were trying to get rid of me by sending me to flow because I was all "fluff. They actually moved me to flow to try to infuse some fun in that work center while getting the job done. I had demonstrated that I could run the front end and they wanted to challenge me. I accepted the challenge and my last 3 reviews as a flowTL have been out standings. It sounds like you enjoy your job and are a highly regarded team member. Don't let this GSTL turn you into one of those team members that is always whining about how this or that person doesn't like them. If she is as bad as you say, they could be dealing with it already. They just can't say it or insinuate that they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back