Archived Transfer to another position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I could handle consumables but it's extremely fast paced. I'm expected to stock 1 box per minute and unload trucks. After much realization, I'm a medium paced gal with back problems. I'm coming home every afternoon in so much pain. I'm gonna try one more shift but I think I'd be better suited in another department. I have retail experience but I don't think grocery is my cup of tea. I just finished training and I'm worried it'll look bad if I ask to change positions so suddenly? Any advice?

I thought I could handle consumables but it's extremely fast paced. I'm expected to stock 1 box per minute and unload trucks. After much realization, I'm a medium paced gal with back problems. I'm coming home every afternoon in so much pain. I'm gonna try one more shift but I think I'd be better suited in another department. I have retail experience but I don't think grocery is my cup of tea. I just finished training and I'm worried it'll look bad if I ask to change positions so suddenly? Any advice?

We had a TM that had back problems even doing sfs was too much. He ended up working in FA as thats the only safe place for him. So its better to say I can do this with your back problems.

Talk to your ETL and Team Lead to see if they could put you in HL, SL or Front End.

I work flow and have back issues. I wear a back belt/brace my whole shift and am careful of what I know I can do, and can't do. Haven't had an issue yet *knock on wood*. The first week or so of days you work you'll be in a lot of pain, but your body gets used to it. When we get a new TM we just assume you're going to be slower than everyone else...you're still learning. I wouldn't worry much about speed for the first month or two. Hell, we've got a guy that's been with spot for years and he's still slower than just about every new person that comes in.

Anyway, all that said, I guess I don't have advice about changing, just thought I'd put my two cents in on what I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back