Archived Transfer to another store or changing position in the current store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired very recently actually tomorrow it'll be 30 days. I think in the interview they said that if we wanted to change position or to transfer we had to wait after the 90 days of being hired to do these type of things.

I am a flow team member in a Super Target which means I work early in the morning. Even though I really like my job, I despise with a passion sleeping too little and getting up at 3 AM, shift starts at 4 AM. I know for a fact this other Target (Normal Target) that they start working at 6 AM which for me sounds very cool. I before had a shift in other retail store at 6AM, and it allowed me to do more things daily (friends, dedicate more time studying etc) Now I barely have time to do this, I work almost every day and all the time I'm tired and sleepy all the time (22 YO lol) I have two classes in the night , so basically I rush to home to go to bed immediately, so I can catch some sleep and wake up few hours later to work, but the 6AM shift would totally work wonders for me.

There are actually rumors that maybe next year they'll move it to 6AM shift which IMO would be awesome if it happens, but nothing sure for now.

I would like to either change my position to something else in the store that start couple of hours later (6AM or 7AM), or have a transfer to this Target I'm mentioning. What I want to know is I'm right about the 90 days in order to do this? Is it possible?

It's definitely 90 days on a transfer. Most stores will not bend on this...and transfers are only good if the other store has room for you.

It's generally 90 days to cross train to a different work center as well, but that depends on the store, how well you know your area, etc. Earlier this summer we had two people hired, one for cashier and one for hardlines. After about two months, they let their TL know they didn't feel as if their position was a good fit for them, and asked if they could try a different department. The cashier went to hardlines and the hardlines TM went to a different department before being fired for an unrelated matter.

If they like you, they may work with you to find a different department, but that would depend on if there are any openings in that department right now. You can always ask, and the worst thing they can do is say no.

Another factor being your pay... Flow team members get paid $1 on top of base pay (I believe that's still true) so you would have to transfer to an equal or better payscale. Target will not "downgrade", not at my store, anyway. Also being an overnight position, flow gets an extra $1 on top of that.

Flow team members get paid $1 on top of base pay (I believe that's still true)

Only if you work 3+ hours while the store is closed, and only for the time that you work while the store is closed. I basically lost my shift diff. when we moved from 4 AM to 6 AM.

Could be different depending on where you live though.

Another factor being your pay... Flow team members get paid $1 on top of base pay (I believe that's still true) so you would have to transfer to an equal or better payscale. Target will not "downgrade", not at my store, anyway. Also being an overnight position, flow gets an extra $1 on top of that.
It's 50 cents at my store and we don't get shift differential. Anyways, I went from backroom (N07) to instocks (N05) to cashier (N03) and I'm still making what I made as a BRTM. I'm a cashier in the system, but my pay never changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back