Archived transferring questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so here's the rundown without giving too much away (and exposing myself), basically in a month I'm moving away from home, I decided that it would be easier if I just transferred to another Target in the area I'll be living in as I'm familiar with Target. I'm pretty globally trained (Guest services, cart attendant, cashier, hardlines, etc), so my question is how hard would the transfer be? side note, I was suppose to move after summer, but plans changed and now I'm moving earlier (like two or three weeks earlier).

I already spoke with HR from the store that I want to transfer too and also my store's HR. The HR at this new store seemed pretty pleasant and really willing to take me in. I talked with my HR tonight and asked her if nothing comes up, since I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks, would I have to just put my two weeks instead. Question number two, if I put in my two weeks at my store, does that automatically cancel the transferring process? (I pretty much think I know the answer to this, but I just need confirmation).

Also, for when I move and if the transferring process gets cancelled, how long would I have to wait until I reapply?

Go on ehr & see what jobs are at that store. I would not put in your 2 weeks & called the other hr. Tell them you are available now or a start date. That way you won't lose the pay you are getting now.

Transferring is super easy, I did it a couple years ago.

Hardlinesmaster hit a lot of the bullet points so definitely don't quit with your current store! All you really have to do is go on eHR and look at the job postings for the store you're intending on transferring to. Since you already talked to them, you may have an idea of what their needs are. After you applied for a position, let both HR teams know and they should get it sorted out to you. As long as your record is in good standing (no CAs and relatively good attendance) the new store should process your app fairly quickly.

As long as you leave Target on good terms, there shouldn't be a wait period between quitting one store and getting hired at another. We had one SLTM quit my store and was working HR at a near by store like a month later. If HR denies your request to transfer (more apt to happen if the stores are relatively close) then your only option would be to quit and get rehired (I would advise against this because you may loose out on any merit raises you acquired plus who wants to memorize a new TM#?)

then your only option would be to quit and get rehired (I would advise against this because you may loose out on any merit raises you acquired plus who wants to memorize a new TM#?)

I left Target and came back (as you can see in my sig :), and I was given my old TM # back. I was also eligible to contribute to my 401k from day 1, and I was reenrolled in the pension plan, as I was grandfathered in from my first stint with Target. Yay for being a rehire.

Make sure your current store is clear on what your last day will be there.
When I transferred, I tried to give my 2 weeks and the HR TL said I didn't have to since it was a transfer. But I did let her know that the last day I could work was June 28. (I was moving from Al to Tx. So there was 3 weeks I wouldn't be working.)
So double check the new schedule to make sure I'm not in it, and sure enough they had me working like 6 shifts.
I go to HR and let her know, I cannot work that week at all. I explain why and brought up our initial conversation. And she asks for me to give her a written document stating what my last will be and she goes into the system and deletes my schedule.
Fast forward a week, I head back to my store to make sure I my next check gets to me at my new address, and I can't access ehr. I call the help line and am told my TM number isn't valid. Turns out my those shifts were still under my name and were marked as no call no shows, so I was fired (or considered voluntary term).
Tl;Dr : make sure he knows what's your last day of work.

A tm at my store did a out of state transfer, they had ask for that week off, just case the hr screwed up.

thanks guys! I've been in constant contact with my HR about it and i've let them know when my last day in my town will be. they've told me that they've had some contact (my HR and the HR from the store I want to transfer too), so I might be getting it I might not it just depends on if they want to take me, or if they respond soon. It's good to hear that I can reapply and continue with the same team member number cause aren't those technically linked to your name? they wouldn't give out the same number to another team member would they?

Your TM number is unique to you and won't be recycled. If you reapply, HR will plug your SSN into the computer and it will make the connection with your old TM number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back