Archived Transferring Stores Temporarily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyaxo

So-Called Something Or Other
ASANTS. That might just be the answer, actually..

Here's my situation: I am currently in the south. I am considering moving back up to the north, back in my hometown, for personal family reasons for a bit of an extended period of time. I'd rather transfer stores than take time off work from Target altogether since there is a store in the area, but am having trouble finding information about if this is even an option. I dusted off my handbook from a bottom drawer in the entertainment centre, but couldn't find any information really relating to my inquiry. To be fair, the information is probably a little outdated now anyway. I have a store in mind, but would be living in my hometown again for about 4 months-7 months if I do decide this due to the circumstances. I don't work again until later in this next week, so I can't really talk to leadership at my store until then. I've checked, and there are openings for my position at this store in the north. The state pays $13 an hour for my position, although right now where I live I only make just over $10. Does anyone have any experience with situations like this? I would ultimately be returning here after everything, though.

Edit: I found a thread on another site with some information, but it was quite vague.

Last edited:
You can transfer to another store. Apply on ehr & ask your hr for help. You can take a leave of absence, too. But, if you get the job at the higher pay, you could back to your home store with that pay depending on the position.

We have had people transfer like that for school. Your store has to approve it first. You may want to make a trip in to your store to talk to HR. Usually, HR will call the other store and get things started.

It sounds pretty similar to TMs who go to college out of state and work at another store during the semester. We had an intern who did that.

And as a bonus, you'd probably get to keep the higher pay rate when you move back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back