Archived Transferring Workcenters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently work as a morning backroom TM but legitimately cannot stand my TL. Long story short, I've was put on ca or final warning (wasn't clear which) for a year for reasons that make no sense and just set me up as a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong. All of the backroom TM and the ETL-LOG and this TL are having a meeting tomorrow, and I want to ask to be transferred to another work-center. Is it possible for me to do so? I can't work with this TL anymore because I am afraid one of these days I'm going to say something I'll regret.

Even if I feel I can't work with him though? Plus one of the reasons I was talked to was I make everyone else slower somehow, so why would he even want me on the team?

Well, I know that this might be different but in my store as a team leader, if I had someone who I felt was "ineffective" I wouldn't let him/her transfer because it would put a bad rep under my name. Once I get him back to perform better only then will I even consider a transfer. Not everyone is the same so I guess it's worth a shot with your department

Yeah the thing is I'm not "ineffective" it's only this TL that thinks so. I've gone through 4-5 TL in my 4 years in the backroom and not one has had a problem except for the new one.

Your best bet may be to go to your ETL-HR.
Let them know that you don't feel you're able to work effectively in your current area with this TM.
Be careful tho, you may wind up in the front lanes.

Sorry I didn't mean to say that you were ineffective. Your best bet is to probably talk to HR.

Sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you. I quoted it because my TL has basically called be ineffective. Like I said I'll talk to my ETL tomorrow, the HR is new and really doesn't know what she is doing so I don't feel comfortable talking to her about this.

If you are on an actual 6months/1year corrective action you can't transfer work centers. For anything. If the corrective action was due to not being able to perform your job functions they will not tranfer you even not on corrective action until you can prove you are capable of performing them in your current job center. I had a friend who wanted to step down after being coached for not doing her job "good enough" but they wouldn't let her step down til she could prove she could do it anyway.

Your best bet is to keep your head down, keep your mouth shut and just do your job as best you can til the corrective action is up. Then seek out the TL in where you want to transfer to and get them on your side to move before talking to HR.

It's not that I don't do my job good enough, he claims I slow down others in the backroom which is not true. Basically he's implying I'm not allowed to work with anyone. My problem with this rule that you can't change work centers (if there is one) is why would you not allow someone to leave your team when you've basically said you're better off with someone else?

I know how you feel man. I transferred from Harlines to the front end because I could not stand our TL. He was always writing people up for very stupid petty things. When he transferred to Starbucks I think that was his snapping point and HE ended up on final warning for his petty write-ups that the ETL-HR refused to sign off on. I hope things work out well for you!

Had over an hour meeting with this TL and the ETL yesterday. Told him to his face I can't work for him anymore, they weren't share if I could transfer work-centers but the ETL said to let him know which center I would want to go to if I really wanted to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back