Archived Transferring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my friend just got promoted to a senior and their significant other is being forced to transfer stores which is understandable. But there's a problem, the ideal store they want to go to seems to be absolutely refusing to take them. The person that just got their promotion has a family member who is a gsa there so it would be a "conflict of interest" even though this person has worked in other work centers. Is there something that can be done? This store is a two minute drive for the person compared to the other store being a 35 minute drive.

Stores can reject transfers for whatever reason they want. Availability, attendance, review rating, anything. With the focus on term rate at stores some like mine dont take a lot of transfers (ETLs the obvious exception), unlike a new hire you cannot interview them and if they quit or you have to fire them it dings your term rate.

I will say that I would follow up on the GSA role being a conflict of interest. My store has a GSA husband and a cashier wife. This is supposedly allowed by my DTL because the GSA is officially not a supervisory position. If he was a GSTL she would not have been hired, or sent to another work center.

Overall excellent review score and very reliable. And it surprised me because I've been a GSA before and nobody cared I was involved with a cashier. Honestly I feel the reason is directed at the senior, the Human Resources isn't their biggest fan but it shouldn't determine someone elses well being. I'll try and see if I can follow up on the conflict of interest part though thank you.

Great, one more thought if you dont trust etl hr they can contact store personally to confirm whether they will accept transfer.

You can ask your current stl to contact the other stl, too. Factor in the business needs too, the ideal store may not have any positions for them .

GSA isn't a supervisory position, so there is no conflict. And even if it was, there is no conflict of interest between TMs and TLs unless they are in the same department, AP, or a SrTL (due to LOD shifts).

"GSA is not a supervisory position" is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. I know that's the official line, but it is totally supervisory. As GSA I did everything my GSTLs did and sometimes more.

Oh I agree with you, I noticed half the smokers in my store are the GSAs and understandable for all the stuff they put up with for garbage pay. However because a GSA cant write up a cashier, they are not considered their supervisor.

Since this is the thread for "transfers" I wanted to get opinions, feedback from everyone on this topic. Over my years with Spot, I have been with several different spots in several different locations and have experienced many different types of transfers from many different levels at all stores. What I always enjoy personally is the different ways of thinking and fresh outlooks on our process. Your thoughts Breakroom??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back