I'm Lost! Transferring

Kaitii

yeah
ok ik theres threads on this but i dont like necroing

so ive been tryna transfer for a few weeks now

i talked to my etl hr and she was like ok i'll contact the store

followed up a few days later and she was basically like "oh you really wanted to..." and after confirming y e s she said she'd email the store

from then on it feels like she's been avoiding me. if i'd see her on the floor she won't walk towards tech and if she does she walks on by as opposed to saying hi like always

i finally managed to catch her and ask if she contacted the store and she just kind of nodded slowly and went "yeah..." then immediately derailed and went "you have a guest!!"

i haven't seen her since and its been about a week

so my questions are:

do you think she's actually contacted the store/will do so? she seemed very okay with transferring me when i asked initially but apparently thought i wasnt serious? (in her defense i was crying when i asked? maybe she thought it was a spur of the moment thing?)

am i able to go to the store i want to transfer to and speak to their etl hr?/stl/someone cos im not getting anywhere with mine

Definitely contact the other store. Are you still Tech? Try to find the TL/ETL of the area you want to be in.

The other store might not have gotten back to your ETL yet, or they might not have room for you. I’ve seen both happen often..

We had a TM who needed to transfer due to school and the store he wanted to go to didn’t accept him since they didn’t have room. He was a Fulfillment TM with a pick average of 184% and INF under 1% and the thing that made him a unicorn was he also loved getting carts. He also could do POGs and SPLs, price change, cashier, and push GM truck faster than anyone and he was ACCURATE.

Unfortunately stores are hesitant to take a transfer bc most transfers end up quitting in less than 2 months. Plus it’s a lot of comparing “at my store we would...” which lowers morale. I’m not saying you would do either of these, but once bitten twice shy and all.

I would try and corner your ETL and ask them to just let you know what’s going on, that you wore your special big boy panties and can handle il whatever the news is. If they don’t want to let you go let them know you cannot stay. If the other store doesn’t want to take you reach out to them on your own.

After trying to do things the right way and getting nowhere it’s better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.

Definitely contact the other store. Are you still Tech? Try to find the TL/ETL of the area you want to be in.

yeah I'm still tech but I told her i'm willing to do any department im trained in (sans cashier bcos hell no) which includes gm, cafe, flex, and market since at least i'll be at the store and can try and snatch a tech spot later. i'll most likely try to find time in the morning to go into the store and ask because in my experience trying to reach anyone at target over the phone is hell.

The other store might not have gotten back to your ETL yet, or they might not have room for you. I’ve seen both happen often..

We had a TM who needed to transfer due to school and the store he wanted to go to didn’t accept him since they didn’t have room. He was a Fulfillment TM with a pick average of 184% and INF under 1% and the thing that made him a unicorn was he also loved getting carts. He also could do POGs and SPLs, price change, cashier, and push GM truck faster than anyone and he was ACCURATE.

Unfortunately stores are hesitant to take a transfer bc most transfers end up quitting in less than 2 months. Plus it’s a lot of comparing “at my store we would...” which lowers morale. I’m not saying you would do either of these, but once bitten twice shy and all.

I would try and corner your ETL and ask them to just let you know what’s going on, that you wore your special big boy panties and can handle il whatever the news is. If they don’t want to let you go let them know you cannot stay. If the other store doesn’t want to take you reach out to them on your own.

After trying to do things the right way and getting nowhere it’s better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.
yeah i'd accepted that could be the case but her behaviour is just really off putting because she's supposed to be """professional""" like how you gonna be an etl for hr especially and just Y E E T when you have to deliver some bad news? assuming that is the case.

i've been around for like 4 years so i'd hope they would look at that and be like "hm yes ok this one will probably stay" and in the recent past my absences have been medical emergencies (for my cat but still) and my car literally breaking down on the way to work. but then again stores are weird and want p e r f e c t a t t e n d a n c e no matter what

i'll probably try and corner her one more time to ask what's up, if she doesn't give me a direct answer i'll just go to the store i want to transfer to and ask myself, thanks guys !

Yeahhhh she sounds shady and I’m sorry 😕

If she can’t be straight with you I’d really recommend going to the other store. I would suggest a Monday late morning of early Wednesday afternoon, those are typically good times for HR 😉

Maybe your store is worried about losing such an amazing TM? Maybe they know it’s just going to be simply impossible to replace you?? That’s probably what’s really going on. They’re scareddd!!

ok ik theres threads on this but i dont like necroing

so ive been tryna transfer for a few weeks now

i talked to my etl hr and she was like ok i'll contact the store

followed up a few days later and she was basically like "oh you really wanted to..." and after confirming y e s she said she'd email the store

from then on it feels like she's been avoiding me. if i'd see her on the floor she won't walk towards tech and if she does she walks on by as opposed to saying hi like always

i finally managed to catch her and ask if she contacted the store and she just kind of nodded slowly and went "yeah..." then immediately derailed and went "you have a guest!!"

i haven't seen her since and its been about a week

so my questions are:

do you think she's actually contacted the store/will do so? she seemed very okay with transferring me when i asked initially but apparently thought i wasnt serious? (in her defense i was crying when i asked? maybe she thought it was a spur of the moment thing?)

am i able to go to the store i want to transfer to and speak to their etl hr?/stl/someone cos im not getting anywhere with mine
I say go to the store you want to transfer and have a meet and greet with the sd and hr . I’ve had the same issues with my home store took me about 4 months to transfer to a different district , and only took my former Dtl a week to take me back after 10 months

update: she said they said theres no open elec or gm but will ask about other positions

but i also told her i will gladly stay if she can get elec as a whole more hours. explained the old way of scheduling with a few tms 8am-3/4 and 3/4pm-11 instead of a ton of tms with 3-4 hour shifts

explained the pros of this vs shorter shifts and she seemed to be on board with it and said she really wants me to stay so she'll see what she can do

we recently lost four (4) tms after the holidays (technically 3 but one has an extremely limited availability) so hopefully she makes it happen....

Back