Transgender and Bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mississippi law goes further in allowing those in state positions to deny services to people based on their 'faith'.
Entirely different from someone 'finding a different business that will accommodate their wishes'.
When it's a state agency that is allowing their employees the right to deny services (issuing marriage licenses, etc) to the public because of their personal beliefs, those employees should be the ones to find a job that will accommodate their beliefs.

I will agree, that if a state employee, working in a state that allows gay unions, had a problem, they should find other work.

However in the case of private business, unless that business utilizes federal money to operate, they can serve our refuse to serve anyone for any reason. It's their decision.

However in the case of private business, unless that business utilizes federal money to operate, they can serve our refuse to serve anyone for any reason. It's their decision.
I tend to agree because the business could determine if they have a strong enough clientele to operate one way or the other & people will vote with their $$.
It becomes problematic if a particular business is the only one in a sizable area but resource & creativity should be able to come to the fore.

I tend to agree because the business could determine if they have a strong enough clientele to operate one way or the other & people will vote with their $$.
It becomes problematic if a particular business is the only one in a sizable area but resource & creativity should be able to come to the fore.

I'm glad we can find some common ground. Contrary to what some may think here, I'm not a hate machine.

I have friends of all sexual persuasions, races, religions, etc... my friends and I get along because we respect our differences of opinion and find common interests that bind us together.

This is the last I'll say about this.

I never once said all Trans people are evil, those words were put in my mouth by hateful people who didn't like my opinion.

I'm not comfortable with ANYONE with a penis, using the ladies restroom while my child is in there. I have a right to my opinion and I'll stick to it thanks.

I think America has much bigger problems to worry about than "Trans rights". News flash, straight, gay or trans... as Americans we all share the same rights.

Perhaps instead of worrying about what dress Bruce Jenner wore to a Hollywood event, we should worry about real issues.

Terrorism
Economic stability
Illegal immigration

True threats to America.

So why again is it the men as the predator? Women teachers touching boys seems to be common in the media.

You seem very afraid of trans people. If trans people touching kids in bathrooms was an issue, we would definitely hear something. Yet we have heard nothing.

I'm late to the party, but just let me say this.

A person's gender is not determined by whatever they're rocking underneath the belt. To deny a person the right to use the restroom that aligns with their gender identity because you are uncomfortable with the fact that they are transgender is effectively the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.

Also, forcing large burly men that just so happen to have been born genetically female to use the women's restroom would cause far more trouble than just letting them use the restroom that correctly aligns with their gender. Should this man below be forced to use the women's restroom because he was born female? Absolutely not.
B_0nBU9UcAARWry.jpg
"Spokespeople from the Transgender Law Center, the Human Rights Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union told Mic that no statistical evidence of violence exists to warrant this legislation. Vincent Villano, the director of communications for the National Center for Transgender Equality, told Mic in an email that there isn't any firm data to corroborate these lawmakers' claims, and that NCTE has "not heard of a single instance of a transgender person harassing a non-transgender person in a public restroom. Those who claim otherwise have no evidence that this is true and use this notion to prey on the public's stereotypes and fears about transgender people." (Source)

One mega bathroom. All stalls, no urinals. Keep your naughty bits in your pants unless you're in the stall.
Or 3-4 small, 1 person-at-a-time, unisex bathrooms. Just a toilet, a sink, and a hand dryer.

Basically the same concept as porta-potties, except they'll have running water, and will *hopefully* be more sanitary.

Trans folks just want to use the bathroom that's safest for them. Let 'em do that. They just want to pee and poop like everyone else. No need to be the potty police, when someone's gotta go, they gotta go. Toddlers understand this, so it never fails to irritate me that adults want to make life more complicated and dangerous for others.

You seriously want to compare the situation transsexuals are in to the situation blacks faced? It's not even close.

Blacks were lynched, murdered, segregated... transsexuals don't have anything like that on the scale blacks did.

Why not compare the plight of transsexuals to that of Jews during the Holocaust?
Nearly every day my friend posts another story about how someone is killed because someone finds out they are transgender. It is an incredibly dangerous time to be transgender in America.

So why again is it the men as the predator? Women teachers touching boys seems to be common in the media.

You seem very afraid of trans people. If trans people touching kids in bathrooms was an issue, we would definitely hear something. Yet we have heard nothing.

Yet transgendered people are attacked all the time, and it's getting worse, because of these silly laws. Now, people will attack you if you aren't transgender but don't look enough like the "correct" gender and you dare to use the restroom.

I really don't understand the big deal. Wonans restrooms are all individual stalls. So why should anyoneone care if the "wrong " gender is closed into an individual little room? It's a stupid thing to fuss over. As long as they are not peeking into other peoples stalls, which is wrong and creepy anyhow, regardless of gender.

I really don't understand the big deal. Wonans restrooms are all individual stalls. So why should anyoneone care if the "wrong " gender is closed into an individual little room? It's a stupid thing to fuss over. As long as they are not peeking into other peoples stalls, which is wrong and creepy anyhow, regardless of gender.

This is a common sense point and very true.

Why is your little girl looking in closed stalls? There are no urinals in a womans bathroom.

She's not looking in closed stalls, you do realize the majority of restrooms are outside the stall. Sinks, hand driers, etc...

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:17-20

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spiritwho is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

She's not looking in closed stalls, you do realize the majority of restrooms are outside the stall. Sinks, hand driers, etc...

and people walk around with their genitals exposed when washing their hands? Exposing one's self is already a crime, molestation is a crime, rape is a crime. There is no evidence linking transgender with molestation either. It's nothing more than a fear tactic spread by people who neither understand or accept transgender people.

I have a close friend who is transgender, and by knowing her (male transitioning to female) I have had my eyes opened to a perspective I never could have understood before. Life for a transgender person is extremely difficult. Many people refuse to understand them and they are constantly berated and looked down up for their identity. Now we have a group who is seeking to further demonize them as a group for no reason.

I feel whatever the person personal choice (gender, race) should not be limited nor segregated by genders, are we really going down this path AGAIN. seriously what the heck did we learn from segregation?
  1. girls, and boy toys? gender neutral!
  2. Male and Female bathrooms, gender neutral!
  3. water fountain, race neutral
what is the problem with a persons choice? if the decicion to live gay or change gender it's theirs, and we should respect it.
bar none.
/thread

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a matter of science. You're either XX or XY in your chromosomes.

XX you're female
XY you're male
Agreed. Sex AND Gender do not change based upon how you feel. You can identify yourself as whatever you want and get whatever surgeries you want, but it doesn't change the fact that if your DNA were to be tested, it would list your birth sex...not how you feel.

1 Corinthians 6:17-20

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spiritwho is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Now point to where it says being transgender is considered sexual immorality, or are you going with the "body is the temple" argument? In which case, nothing is said about body modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back