Transgender and Bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Sex AND Gender do not change based upon how you feel. You can identify yourself as whatever you want and get whatever surgeries you want, but it doesn't change the fact that if your DNA were to be tested, it would list your birth sex...not how you feel.

Finally someone willing to understand what I actually said instead of putting words in my mouth.

Now point to where it says being transgender is considered sexual immorality, or are you going with the "body is the temple" argument? In which case, nothing is said about body modification.

Transgender body modifications and sexual relations are the definition of sexual immorality.

It's funny, I'm labeled as a bigot, being closed minded and hateful. Yet, I'm the one being called names, having false words/meaning attributed to me and being railroaded for expressing my Christian beliefs.

If this is the best you all have to offer, I am disappointed.

To you, morality is not a set in stone code no matter how much you would like to think so. I know you love imposing your morals on others, but that is simply not part of our constitution or did you miss that whole first amendment?

Funny you mention the first Amendment since you are trying to silence mine instead of having a rational, adult discussion.

It's funny, I'm labeled as a bigot, being closed minded and hateful. Yet, I'm the one being called names, having false words/meaning attributed to me and being railroaded for expressing my Christian beliefs.

If this is the best you all have to offer, I am disappointed.

When I see this argument, all I read is "Why can't I discriminate? <Insert marginalized group here> is violating my religious freedoms by refusing to let me discriminate against them. Can't you see I am the real victim here?"

When I see this argument, all I read is "Why can't I discriminate? <Insert marginalized group here> is violating my religious freedoms by refusing to let me discriminate against them. Can't you see I am the real victim here?"

Show me where I've discriminated against them. Please, I'll wait. Answer? I haven't.

We had a Ts work in my target. Unfortunately some stupid girl figured it out and yelled towards the heavens.

She left shortly after.

Too bad, she is awesome eye candy. Got her number and spoke with her. She didn't like the fact that it spread around spot.

Felt really bad for her :(

No, I am refuting your pathetic argument. The first amendment gives you the freedom to have your speech not restricted by the government. It does not however absolve you from the consequences of your speech.

Consequences? What are you going to do tough guy?

I honestly, don't see the big deal. When, I go into the bathroom its either to do 1 of 2 things and sometimes both. I am not in there to talk about sports or cars or grilling tips. I am in there to use the bathroom get in and get out . People keep saying we have to protect our children etc. Ok, that's true . However, how many times on the news have you heard of a trans person molesting a kid in a bathroom? Molesters come in all shapes and sizes and BOTH sexes. I just don't get why people are so focused on the bathroom. Focus on the classroom ( teachers have been known to molest) Focus on the church ( preachers, priests etc have been known to molest, Focus on the locker room ( coaches have been known to molest) Focus on your family reunion ( family members can molest)....the list goes on and on. The trans people just want to use the bathroom.....that's all.

Show me where I've discriminated against them. Please, I'll wait. Answer? I haven't.

You are supporting HB2, which is a discriminatory act.

Consequences? What are you going to do tough guy?

Point out your bigotry. Do you expect physical violence? However, if you say something hateful or support discriminatory positions you should expect people to call you out on it. What conservatives seem to want is the ability to speak their minds and not have anyone respond to them. They want a one way dialogue in which their opinions are represented and others are not allowed. Liberals will call out and argue against opposing positions, but we will never refuse your ability to say them.

The trans people just want to use the bathroom.....that's all.
They can..I just ask the men use the men's and women use the women's. A bathroom isn't the place for someone to "express" themself. It's not like I want the trans people to shit in the dumpster next to the pond.

Agreed. Sex AND Gender do not change based upon how you feel. You can identify yourself as whatever you want and get whatever surgeries you want, but it doesn't change the fact that if your DNA were to be tested, it would list your birth sex...not how you feel.

You guys do realize that intersex people- people BORN with the sex characteristics of BOTH GENDERS exist, right? So no- you're not simply either xx or xy. (Replying primarily to the post you replied to- just didn't feel like digging through the thread to find it)

I wouldn't be surprised if one day science proves that the vast majority of transgender people have a super super super mild form of something like being intersex.

From my understanding all fetuses are female until a signal is sent out to flood the fetus with hormones that basically turn it in to a boy. Can you not see how insanely easy it would be for things to be grey because of this? What is the result if that happens when it shouldn't? What if it happens too early or too late?

we don't know everything. Just because we can't explain the cause behind someone being transgender doesn't mean there isn't a total valid reason that is 100% outside of that persons control.

So many people have been persecuted over the years for stuff that society blamed them for/viewed through some creepy moral lens, when in reality it was entirely out of that persons control all along and could be fully explained by physical/chemical abnormalities.

Point being: don't judge what you don't understand. To assume that someone being transgender is the definition of sexual immorality or that it "can't" exist because you're either 100% male or 100% female is total ignorance.

You want your kids to be safe in a bathroom, fight for individual bathrooms, or bathrooms without those shitty stall doors that have a gap a mile wide at the hinge...but don't take it out on people who are already suffering FAR beyond what you can comprehend.

They can..I just ask the men use the men's and women use the women's. A bathroom isn't the place for someone to "express" themself. It's not like I want the trans people to shit in the dumpster next to the pond.
A trans person...is someone who is living as the opposite sex they were born as...so you wouldn't know what they had In their pants or up their skirt

She's not looking in closed stalls, you do realize the majority of restrooms are outside the stall. Sinks, hand driers, etc...
Do YOU wander around the bathroom, washing your hands and using the dryer with your pants down? Granted, Mens rooms have urinals, that are in semi public view, and they apparently don't care if other people see thier penis and testicles, but lady's rooms don't have that option. So in order to notice anythimg strange, she would literally have to be invading other people's stalls.

boMrS4A.jpg

transgender-750.jpg

tumblr_ndv7mrfaoS1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

one less Bigot to shop at Target yeah !!!
26__Target-2.jpg

Tambor%20meme.jpg

You guys do realize that intersex people- people BORN with the sex characteristics of BOTH GENDERS exist, right? So no- you're not simply either xx or xy. (Replying primarily to the post you replied to- just didn't feel like digging through the thread to find it)

I wouldn't be surprised if one day science proves that the vast majority of transgender people have a super super super mild form of something like being intersex.

From my understanding all fetuses are female until a signal is sent out to flood the fetus with hormones that basically turn it in to a boy. Can you not see how insanely easy it would be for things to be grey because of this? What is the result if that happens when it shouldn't? What if it happens too early or too late?

we don't know everything. Just because we can't explain the cause behind someone being transgender doesn't mean there isn't a total valid reason that is 100% outside of that persons control.

So many people have been persecuted over the years for stuff that society blamed them for/viewed through some creepy moral lens, when in reality it was entirely out of that persons control all along and could be fully explained by physical/chemical abnormalities.

Point being: don't judge what you don't understand. To assume that someone being transgender is the definition of sexual immorality or that it "can't" exist because you're either 100% male or 100% female is total ignorance.

You want your kids to be safe in a bathroom, fight for individual bathrooms, or bathrooms without those shitty stall doors that have a gap a mile wide at the hinge...but don't take it out on people who are already suffering FAR beyond what you can comprehend.
Still missing my point there... I do not care how someone feels (well I do, but not in this regard). Just use the bathroom that correlates with the sex you were born as...why is this discriminatory?

I'm done defending myself against you bleeding heart liberals. Believe what you want, I'll do the same. But believe me, if I see a man walking into the women's room while my wife or child is in there, I'm going to make sure HE waits until my family is out of the bathroom.

I'm done defending myself against you bleeding heart liberals. Believe what you want, I'll do the same. But believe me, if I see a man walking into the women's room while my wife or child is in there, I'm going to make sure HE waits until my family is out of the bathroom.

Are you going to pull down this person's pants and check their genitals?

a63_800x430.jpg

Is this person allowed a man or a woman? If HB2 were law this person would be forced to use the women's restroom. Would you let this person in the bathroom with your wife and kids?

Still missing my point there... I do not care how someone feels (well I do, but not in this regard). Just use the bathroom that correlates with the sex you were born as...why is this discriminatory?

Because it very likely has nothing to do with how they "feel" and has a physical/chemical cause somewhere, meaning it's far more than simply a feeling.

Your argument is akin to saying "I don't care that this paranoid schizophrenic is talking about voices telling him there's an alien code to solve...that's just how he feels- you can't prove he has this alleged condition, so he needs to work a full time job and pull his own weight" or something. Meanwhile, the dude can't function at all and is totally disruptive...all because someone was so intent on grasping to their principles. An uninformed mass making demands of a group of people they know nothing about never goes over well.

People recognize that simply waving off serious mental illnesses as mere "feelings" is ridiculous because science has finally reached a point that it could explain so much of what was previously not understood.

That WILL happen in regards to the transgender issue some day. There is an explanation as to why people experience this, we just don't know what it is yet.

Meanwhile, some woman is twiddling her bean in the neighboring stall to the sound of your daughter urinating. You're not safe and men aren't evil. The facts don't support your concerns, and you even admitted that this was just how you "felt." I think people went on a witch hunt after you, because it's the internet, but I also mostly agree with them. The ones that are scientifically correct at leaat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back