Archived Trying to move to a different department

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomthy

Cart Wrestler
Alright here we go. So I"m a Cart Attendant, have been for 5 months. In my time working as a CA I've taken on a lot of other tasks that aren't mine. I do stuff for the GSA's and run errands for whoever needs something. I really enjoy being able to help other people out when they need it. This is also why I hate being a cashier, stuck in one place for hours and you can't really help out other TMs around the store.

So everything seems fine. I love my job, and I love the people around me. However there is an issue. The other cart attendant who always closes after me has become a major problem. Without going into to many details this other TM is making everything very unpleasant. I've spoken with my HR and we came to the conclusion that I should just stay away from said TM. Works great, but there are still problems with that TM going to other TMs and Managers accusing me of stuff and just making a big stink about nothing. I don't want to sound like I'm full of myself but I don't think I suck at my job. I do the best I can and my ETLs do acknowledge my hard work (again not trying to glorify myself).

So I went to my STL and asked to be moved over to Sales Floor. My STL said, "Yeah you would be great over there". I was pleasantly surprised. However there are issues, I'm only 17 which means I can't take closing shifts. On top of that because of school I can't be at the store until 12:00 PM. So they don't have a place to schedule me. My STL suggested I go work in Starbucks or Pizza Hut. I've worked at the Pizza Hut before, and Its not something I want to do. I'm not good at handling food, and its basically the same thing as cashier: stand in one place and don't leave. Sales Floor is where I want to go. I understand the issues with my age and schedule are keeping me from moving there. However I was wondering what I could do to start working my way over there. Cross-train yeah, but I feel like I should be doing more.

Sorry for the long story and unnecessary detail. I felt like I had to explain a little bit before I asked what the best way for me to move over is.

Spot can take you on the salesfloor. Just prove you can do it the time allow.
I can haul ass like my life depends on it. I've closed (my close time again being 9:45) as CA a few times before. I had all the carts, bags, and trash done in time. There were a few things I could have done better but in general I can get work done. I just don't think they want to do set me up with work that usually runs to 12 when I have to leave at 9:45.

I can haul ass like my life depends on it. I've closed (my close time again being 9:45) as CA a few times before. I had all the carts, bags, and trash done in time. There were a few things I could have done better but in general I can get work done. I just don't think they want to do set me up with work that usually runs to 12 when I have to leave at 9:45.
Ask your tl.

It sounds like you've taken all the right steps. Your availability is a small issue. Maybe you can get them to give you hours from both workcenters?

Basically I love moving around and helping out. I really like the work the store Mechanic does as well. Fixing stuff is awesome and any time he is doing stuff he lets me watch. Or he explains whats going on and how to fix it. I just don't like being limited. I get that there is no "you are the everything guy" job, but if there was I'd love to have it.

Man, FUCK that other CA.

Ignore that maroon - you'll soon see him gone.

CA's like you remind me of me.

TCO fucking B.

Man, FUCK that other CA.

Ignore that maroon - you'll soon see him gone.

CA's like you remind me of me.

TCO fucking B.
Thats the thing with this other CA. I ignore them and they ignore me. But they bring such a big shit storm to every single TL/LOD that its becoming really annoying for them. This TM closes carts every night. Like clock work, and has been for many years. So they kinda have that leverage.

Thats the thing with this other CA. I ignore them and they ignore me. But they bring such a big shit storm to every single TL/LOD that its becoming really annoying for them. This TM closes carts every night. Like clock work, and has been for many years. So they kinda have that leverage.

All the other TL/ETL's know he's full of shit.

All the other TL/ETL's know he's full of shit.
True, pretty much everyone is on my side and tells me not to think much about it. Still kinda hard to get past it, knowing that others have to deal with it.

Many years?

Pace yourself, and gird your loins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back