Archived Trying to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been with Target for a while and it seems like a lot of you have as well I recently got told that I’m getting a bonus and being considered to the next level I’m just curious how often people get promoted to ETL positions and above.. my store is newer and most of the people above me won’t give me a straight answer.. also they made it seem like bounus are super rare and don’t happen like this I got it last month so I know it’s not just something that was said.. but trying to figure out my future

A bonus??? Am I having a stroke???
aaf_dur.gif

I’ve been with Target for a while and it seems like a lot of you have as well I recently got told that I’m getting a bonus and being considered to the next level I’m just curious how often people get promoted to ETL positions and above.. my store is newer and most of the people above me won’t give me a straight answer.. also they made it seem like bounus are super rare and don’t happen like this I got it last month so I know it’s not just something that was said.. but trying to figure out my future

Congrats on the bonus! I found out I’m getting one too. The bonus is quarterly and is new for TLs. It’s based on performance.

Target tends to hire from the outside before promoting, but I think it depends on the district too and how much talent is in stores. I got promoted to Small Format TL (when it was still a Senior Team Leader) last year. In small formats the TL, while not an ETL, is held to the same standard as an exec.

Congrats on the bonus! I found out I’m getting one too. The bonus is quarterly and is new for TLs. It’s based on performance.

Target tends to hire from the outside before promoting, but I think it depends on the district too and how much talent is in stores. I got promoted to Small Format TL (when it was still a Senior Team Leader) last year. In small formats the TL, while not an ETL, is held to the same standard as an exec.
Lol, yeah totally the same 😂, the only reason I would want an ETL promotion would be for the money, not just to be perceived as an ETL, smh

Yes it’s definitely that amount and honestly at this point with the way that everything set up I’m being treated like a ETL anyways I would rather have the promotion I would love to give more detail but without saying that I can’t explain without giving away with what store I’m at

And with everybody getting the senior title taken away it’s made things very complicated and put some more on some of his team leads instead unless I work in a store that has anywhere from 12 to 18 team leads without including ETL’s or above

Not going to lie the senior title being taken away definitely knocked the wind out of my sails. Especially where it took me a very long time to get the title in the first place.

Small formats are interesting. You are both the TL and the ETL of your area so more is put on you with not even enough payroll to cover everything that has to be done. You definitely learn the "do more with less" concept. Granted the workload is smaller compared to GM stores but when you factor in the fact we have less than 20 TMs on a given day and we still have to work the truck and do everything else it can be tough.

Not going to lie the senior title being taken away definitely knocked the wind out of my sails. Especially where it took me a very long time to get the title in the first place.

Small formats are interesting. You are both the TL and the ETL of your area so more is put on you with not even enough payroll to cover everything that has to be done. You definitely learn the "do more with less" concept. Granted the workload is smaller compared to GM stores but when you factor in the fact we have less than 20 TMs on a given day and we still have to work the truck and do everything else it can be tough.
how are you a TL and ETL in a small format?
1. Are you salaried?
1. Do you get paid significantly more than a TL?
2. Do you get all the benefits of an ETL?

If the answer to the questions above is no,
Guess what , you are not an ETL. Stop telling yourself that you are, like its some sort of a fetish.
Wtf is wrong with some people smh

1. Are you salaried?

Guess what , you are not an ETL. Stop telling yourself that you are, like its some sort of a fetish.
Mrgstlman is small format tl.

1. Are you salaried?

I’m not an ETL, and frankly after this experience don’t want to be. All I’m saying is as a Small Format TL you essentially do both jobs. We don’t have an ETL to go to just your SD who has their own workload, so those things you would normally go to your exec for you have to do yourself. We are still LODs, in small formats that didn’t go away.

Let me repeat - I am not and do not consider myself an exec but I still have to work with the same pressure as if I was one.

I’m not an ETL, and frankly after this experience don’t want to be. All I’m saying is as a Small Format TL you essentially do both jobs. We don’t have an ETL to go to just your SD who has their own workload, so those things you would normally go to your exec for you have to do yourself. We are still LODs, in small formats that didn’t go away.

Let me repeat - I am not and do not consider myself an exec but I still have to work with the same pressure as if I was one.
That’s why I’m hoping that I’m about to get bumped up because I’m already doing the job of one... anyone doing the closing job does by title alone... I completely agree with you

1. Are you salaried?

I’m not in a small format but the title SR ETL does happen in the small format stores saying that I am being trained to take the next position including helping run and plan a daytime inventory...

Starting pay for an ETL is pretty good now. About 15 years ago, they got rid of Meat TLs in SuperTs. The title was gone,you were offered the opportunity to transfer and assume a different ETL position or step down keep your pay but become hourly. Once decisions were made, it was very interesting to see how much ETLs actually made hourly. Only working a max 40 hours vs 50-70 (4th quarter at a Super is rough) was very illuminating when divided out. And its about damn time bonuses are spread out a bit more. Hopefully the HRs will be smart enough to throw a big ass party in the break room for the team members who have busted ass but will not be on the receiving end of a bonus

I remember during the april presentation it said all tls will get at least $250 bonus even if no metrics were made. Did that change

Ehh not really I’m at a small format and while I think highly of myself small format TLs still only have a specific department, are not over seeing any TLs, and can not do a lot of the things ETLs can.
How does the TL "earn" the bonus?
It’s not quarterly. TLs earn a yearly bonus the same way ETLs/SDs do based off your store but this year they offered a $500 dollar bonus to whomever your SD decided played the most significant role in rolling out and getting on board with modernization. Bedsides that you get a yearly bonus based off your stores metrics. Sales and payroll.

Think of how much payroll was sacrificed to pay out these TL’s. Spot robbed Peter to pay Paul on this one.
While there are tons of stores that don’t have enough payroll there are plenty of stores that can’t spend it. I’m not saying we get you much because we earn based off our sales like everyone else. We’ve been comping like crazy this year while also having a staffing issue of no one applying and the ones that do are garbage so we leave 1000-1500 hours on the table every month and beg people to stay late and pick up shifts. No one in my store wants to work

While there are tons of stores that don’t have enough payroll there are plenty of stores that can’t spend it. I’m not saying we get you much because we earn based off our sales like everyone else. We’ve been comping like crazy this year while also having a staffing issue of no one applying and the ones that do are garbage so we leave 1000-1500 hours on the table every month and beg people to stay late and pick up shifts. No one in my store wants to work

I wonder why that is...

Ehh not really I’m at a small format and while I think highly of myself small format TLs still only have a specific department, are not over seeing any TLs, and can not do a lot of the things ETLs can.

It’s not quarterly. TLs earn a yearly bonus the same way ETLs/SDs do based off your store but this year they offered a $500 dollar bonus to whomever your SD decided played the most significant role in rolling out and getting on board with modernization. Bedsides that you get a yearly bonus based off your stores metrics. Sales and payroll.
I got it in my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back