Turned in my resignation today

I am in school for medical laboratory sciences, and last week I was offered a job in a hospital laboratory doing a stepping-stone lab assistant job before I graduate in May, at the same lab where I will do my clinical rotations. I gave a month's notice, so they can hire/train someone and so they know not to schedule me for that last week.

For the most part, I will miss Target. I was just finally hitting my stride as a Consumables DBO when the opportunity to go finish my BS-Biomedical came up. I will miss a lot of my teammates on the closing shift and my leader (I love her and I am grateful for her leadership and how she taught me resilience and confidence).

But the signs have been there for awhile, mostly my increasing frustration with certain team members who are leaving so much work behind that, as a closing team member, I find it hard to prioritize and organize. My fellow and sister closers in Consumables also feel the same way. It is time to move forward in my career plans and get some experience under my belt so when it comes time to be hired, I will have that to show for it. I was able to use a lot of what I've learned about retail and business in my interviews, and it seemed to have impressed them, as well as in my interviews for my clinicals (which we have been told are 6-month job interviews). This job also gives me my weekends back, as I'll only be working every 3rd weekend and 6 additional Saturdays, so I will be able to do things with my husband and not have to ask off so often for my band's events (parades and competitions are always on weekends). I could only work Fr-Sa-Su-Mo and it was hard to find study time in that block, with Tu being band practice as well.

Last edited:
tumblr_m41e2o5nhT1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

Congrats lucky you. Tarshit is horrible when comes to being flexible but they want you to be flexible. I hope this job will be good to you. Career doors will open big time for you with this. Plus with your weekends back you will be much happier. Good luck and I hope you don't have to be back at the spot ever.

Last edited:
Congrats lucky you. Tarshit is horrible when comes to being flexible but they want you to be flexible. I hope this job will be good to you. Career doors will open big time for you with this. Plus with your weekends back you will be much happier. Good luck and I hope you don't have to be back at the spot ever.
I'd be willing to work weekends during 4th quarter next year if it all shakes out for me. Lab science pays crazy good, but my husband has not been to Disney World yet and I think he needs to go. 🙃😂🤣 Plus the band doesn't do much in 4th quarter (one holiday parade on Black Friday). However, I'd like to not have to work two jobs if at all possible, and we may be facing his inability to do mobility-required jobs in the future (he's being looked at for a late-onset muscular dystrophy that runs in his family).
I am happy to have the ability to not have to ask for weekends off for band events. They have also denied me even Sunday mornings for church (despite Title VII) so now I can get back to my congregation and maybe even use my deacon education.

I'd be willing to work weekends during 4th quarter next year if it all shakes out for me. Lab science pays crazy good, but my husband has not been to Disney World yet and I think he needs to go. 🙃😂🤣 Plus the band doesn't do much in 4th quarter (one holiday parade on Black Friday). However, I'd like to not have to work two jobs if at all possible, and we may be facing his inability to do mobility-required jobs in the future (he's being looked at for a late-onset muscular dystrophy that runs in his family).
I am happy to have the ability to not have to ask for weekends off for band events. They have also denied me even Sunday mornings for church (despite Title VII) so now I can get back to my congregation and maybe even use my deacon education.
Yeah go for it. Religious reasons should have been given to you. Enjoy your Sunday's again.

Back