Archived TV Display goes where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So this week I've been going over the new Planogram for the May TV Transition, checking what TV's were already up and what TV's needed to go up yet. So I get to the Vizio 42 Inch Smart TV, which was planogramed to be displayed up on the wall from the old revision, and noticed that it is nowhere to be found on the wall in the new transition. Not discontinued at all nor Active-NCF, it is still active. Instead it's planogramed to have boxed stock out on the basedeck.

What on earth do they expect me to do with the display on the wall? There is another TV that is supposed to go in it's spot! I've checked Workbench the TV Transition page, AND Message Board, and there is no communication concerning that TV. I've MySupported the issue back on Wednesday already, but they are taking their good ol time on answering. Anybody else run into this issue? If push comes to shove, I might ask my ETL about marking it down higher than 10% just to get it off the wall! I know it's not Best Practice, but I don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
I might have to do that. I still don't have a response yet. However I have now found a SECOND TV that has the same situation. This time it's a 40 inch Samsung. Once again, planogramed to be up on the wall, yet when the transition hits, it isn't supposed to be on the wall anymore! I sent a second MySupport, hopefully this time they answer. I take it though nobody else is running into this situation with the TV's?

We haven't set the TV wall yet. It sets the week of 5/19. Still working on the Dairy/Freezer transition. I'll check out the planogram later this week.

I have ran into this problem before, E/E team in my stores answer to everything they don't know what to do with, is throw it in the backroom. So I asked around the answer I got was if its active and like your OP says plannogrammed to have box stock, then you'll have to get the base for it and put it together, put it on the base deck as is. You will obviously have to SIM it since its open, and of course spider wrap it. I would make sure there is a boxed and the open so the guest has the choice, if you just put the open there they will assume its only available in open and will choose another TV.
After awhile the open TV becomes just like the NCF and D code TV's. At that point its up to your STL if they want to continue to mark it down further or just send it back with the reverse logistics pallets on the sweep. Its more of a what's better for the store at that point.

So I asked around the answer I got was if its active and like your OP says plannogrammed to have box stock, then you'll have to get the base for it and put it together, put it on the base deck as is.

Thanks, I think that is what I am going to have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back