Archived Twilight, how I loathe ur upcoming event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did u sell the special target edition? When did your lines died down?

We sold around 100 copies (50%), and at 12.25am, it was dead! :buba:

From what I heard, we only sold 56 copies and we had gotten over 1400 in stock...

Ugh, the focal backer signing was actually easy to set. And it was ACCURATE TO BOOT. Too bad the shippers were destroyed when they got to my store. :|

BAHAHAHA who ****ed up THAT bad?

I have NO idea. They hyped it up at huddle this week...besides the remodel, it was the ONLY thing that was really talked about. Apparently we were forecasted to be the 3rd highest in our district. I talked with a couple cashiers today and they said it was pretty dead by 12:30am and they stopped handing out tickets. I guess a couple guests said they didn't know about it, because it wasn't advertised. I guess not everyone reads our ad?

It flopped at our store.
Another waste of payroll.
Geez, how many more misfires are they going to tolerate from whatever genius came up with this?

We were overloaded with cashiers up front, so I was able to send one up to electronics as a 2nd location cashier. Constant lines up there all day.

I left at 10 pm last night and from what I was told, we only had a little over 100 people show up. And I am sure we were forecasted to have atleast 500. Wow spot did not think this one through at all!

I heard ours was lame too only about 40 people they stopped handing out tickets no one knew about it maybe a little more advertising? I think signs by the stores front doors to let guests know when big events like this or a designer launch is coming to the store would be smart

I'm glad I wasn't scheduled on Friday (though I did have to go to my store twice for reasons totally unrelated).

It flopped at our store.
Another waste of payroll.
Geez, how many more misfires are they going to tolerate from whatever genius came up with this?

It flopped at my store too. We sold 100 copies. They projected 800! We had 10 cashiers & 8 TMs in hardlines. What a farce!

I was off on Saturday & asked how we did at the Sunday morning huddle. Everyone just laughed, including the LOD. They said it (Target being open till 1AM, that is) really wasn't promoted very well. Another failure just like Black Friday (opening at midnight).

I don't mind the company trying something like this, but you gotta tell someone!

Last edited:
We didn't do the midnight release but my TL was concerned about the lines we'd have in the morning so I went in an hour and a half early to make sure that everything was set up right since we had a new TM set up the focal for it, and I had to get electronics ready for the day so that I could guard the Breaking Dawn focal. Not gonna lie, at first it was slow and I thought we were gonna lose sales on it, but then around 10 until I got off at 4:30, they sold like crazy! I left with one box of both the blue ray and DVD in our stockroom and the focal was almost empty!!

I have NO idea. They hyped it up at huddle this week...besides the remodel, it was the ONLY thing that was really talked about. Apparently we were forecasted to be the 3rd highest in our district. I talked with a couple cashiers today and they said it was pretty dead by 12:30am and they stopped handing out tickets. I guess a couple guests said they didn't know about it, because it wasn't advertised. I guess not everyone reads our ad?

Then I guess corporate ****ed up themselves. I mean, you come up with an idea like that to supposedly raise money, and you DON'T advertise it? IDIOTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back