Archived Two etl remodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tasks would they be in charge of...
Who is in charge of the plan for the team and communicating with construction?

What if both etls both want to plan for the team and construction. And can't decide how to split it up. Cause they both won't give in..?

What if both etls both want to plan for the team and construction. And can't decide how to split it up. Cause they both won't give in..?

Stl takes over and both ETLs lose accountability

I don’t understand the point of this thread? You don’t agree with the way your ETL remodels are managing you? Who cares if they split responsibilities

OP is ETL. Their first post on the site (in another thread) said "I'm about to lead a remodel"

OP you have to work it out with the other ETL or you
Ahhhh. Either way sounds like OP is making an issue out of something not that big. If you really see an issue talk to the stl buy I can’t imagine they’ll appreciate complaining about something petty like this

Hopefully your sequencing was better than mine.
I did the job of both my ETL and myself when they left me high and dry before project close date.
As far as planning and communication, you both should be on the same page, no exceptions. If something is/isn’t being communicated to the GC, your remodel is going to end up with problems. Lots of things that I mentioned to my ETL was rarely/never communicated to the dayside GC Super when they were around. Needless to say I was running around pushing 12-14 hour shifts making sure plans were getting completed and I had what I needed done for overnight.
Same thing with planning your team’s workload. If there’s a road block cause you can’t follow sequencing, find a way around it, strategize, that’s why you guys are ETL-R right??

Dayside ETL plans, works with construction leaders. Makes sure everything is progressing according to timeline/budget. The Head Dog. the overnight ETL carries out the plans set by the daytime ETL. They will work closely with construction crews being a liaison with all crews (electrical, building etc). Every morning they will walk with the Head Dog and discuss what they finished and didnt finish, issues that came up (there are always issues) and plans for the next night. So basically one is hands on involved in execution, the other is planning and where the buck stops. Generally the Head Dog has final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back